TW Vehicle Registration
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: TW Vehicle Registration

TW Vehicle Registration

I just got the registration renewal in the mail and it finally broke the $100 mark -- now it costs $104. Back in 2009 when I bought this bike it cost $71.

I have to thank Democraps in Sacramento -- especially our Governor Jerry Brown. He spends all the money and then complains we are broke and raises taxes. How about cutting spending? Jerry, ever think of that?
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

I have a few friends that think registration on fuel efficient vehicles like motorcycles and hybrids will see the biggest increase in registration since they'll pay less at the pump in taxes. Hope that's not the case since I have two street legal bikes. I hate Jerry Brown and California lawmakers. If I wasn't so deep in my job and family I'd leave California in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    jtstdub, Joemama, elime and 4 others like this.
    Current bikes 2016 KTM 500 EXC, 2016 Yamaha TW 200

It is not California that is the problem. Actually quite a gorgeous state and great place to hang your hat. The problem as I see it is the same as here in NY, so many idiots who have the right to vote but don't know their ass from their elbow. I would be willing to bet that more than half of your most vocal voters could not name the Vice President of this country right now but they sure as hell hate Donald Trump. The solution is actually quite simple, quit voting for these liberal asshats and everything will be OK.

GaryL
    Mel, elime, Beeline and 5 others like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

In general every "YES" vote = more restrictions, more bureaucrats and more taxes.
    socalnative and cowboyjeff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeline View Post
    In general every "YES" vote = more restrictions, more bureaucrats and more taxes.
    You are 100% correct if you mean every Yes vote for the same old idiots. It is not very likely that your state or mine will ever wake up and smell the stink of the $hit heads they elect. This is another pretty simple thing to do, just go back 30,40 or 50 years and determine what party has been most prevalent over those years and you will have the answer.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

"Liberal asshat" here. The VP is Mike Pence, and the registration fees go to many things including maintenance of the roads and bridges that you use every day.

Nevermind...
    Last edited by mhomadness; 04-15-2017 at 08:50 PM.
    Toecutter likes this.

I just did 4 bikes here in NY. $42.50 each no matter what it is, model, year, HP. No breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Twfox View Post
    "Liberal asshat" here. The VP is Mike Pence, and the registration fees go to many things including maintenance of the roads and bridges that you use every day.
    Welcome to the forum TWfox. Sorry if I or we might have poked a nerve but that argument is not going to cut it. Take a quick look at the tax you pay on every gallon of gas or oil you all buy that is supposed to go toward road and bridge maintenance and then multiply those taxes by the number of gallons you all out in Ca. buy and there is enough there to rebuild every freaking road in this country and a new Stairway to Heaven. Your state government just like mine here in NY is so bloated and dishonest you and I will never know half of the truth but they do have you believing. California does not own and never has drilled a single drop of oil from the ground yet they make more in taxes on every gallon of gas and oil than the oil company that did the work. No offence meant here but you should probably pull your head out of that drill hole and do a bit of research on where the money actually comes from and where it goes. Your politicians and mine have some of us baffled with their brilliance but I hopped on a much different train. We fought and won a war over this garbage way way back, "No Taxation Without Representation" or so we have been led to believe. A simple pack of smokes costs about a dollar to produce but by the time it gets in your pocket in NY City it is over $10, all taxes!

GaryL

For information purposes only. On our trip to Moab all the roads and rest stops in Utah were beautiful. On our way through California ALL the rest stops were closed for remodeling even ones that looked in perfect condidtion. Not one opened between Nevada and San Diego. The roads were in terrible shape. The CA taxes that are already on gasoline are for repairs and improvments where did that money go as someone already pointed out? And this is not counting federal gas taxes for interstate highways where did that go? Compare the population of CA to Utah and calculate the billions of gallons of gas sold and used in CA to Utah. Check out this article about CA gas taxes.

California gas taxes: Higher than advertised - Watchdog.org

And this is before the increase.
    jtstdub, Toecutter, tuna and 4 others like this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links