• 4 Post By littletommy
  • 7 Post By Purple
  • 4 Post By cowboyjeff
  • 5 Post By TopPredator
  • 4 Post By jtomelliott49
  • 3 Post By littletommy

Thread: 1989 prices

1989 prices

Hi Everyone, thank you for the Magnificat forum. I've been wanting a TW and I placed a CL ad"want to buy" and some guy with a 1989 contacted me. Haven't seen it nor did he give me a price. He's sending pics and exact mileage tomorrow.

Said "small dent in tank, otherwise looks brand new and very low miles. Got it in a trade. Wanted to use it for a woods bike but said it was too clean" haha

I told him tires chain rubber boots for carb cables etc prob need replacing. Of course he said no, it's brand new.

Obviously there's not enough info to say, but what might a reasonable price range be? Thanks. The bike is located in Arkansas. Thanks
    Howsbentley
    I'll send an introduction post later tonight. Have to run now.
    Last edited by Howsbentley; 04-21-2017 at 08:40 PM.
    Ken, littletommy and cowboyjeff like this.

Ok just for reference I bought my 99 seven years ago with 6000 kms for $1800 cdn so I wouldn't expect to pay more than $ 1000 US

It is hard to give you a price range without having some idea of the condition of the bike. The good thing in your favor is that the seller contacted you and that he received the bike in a trade. In all likelihood, all he wants to do is get what he feels he has into it, which probably has no bearing on the market value of the TW. In other words, you could get yourself a smokin' deal, or find that the guy thinks TW's are made of gold.

Figure out how much cash you have to spend on a TW. Go take a look at the bike and decide if it is one that you would be happy with. If it is, give him a lowball offer saying that this amount is what his bike is worth to you. He will either be interested or insulted. If he is insulted, ask him what he wants to get out of the bike and see if that is within your acceptable range. If it isn't, thank him for his time and wish him luck with his sale. If he is not insulted and seems to be interested in your lowball offer, then be prepared to budge a little, but not too much by pointing out the age of the tires, sprockets, chain, etc.

Good luck!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

In excellent shape and very low mileage, I wouldn't go over 1500, but we need to see more...
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

Wave a grand at him - (and check the title) - chances are you'll spend another grand on it in the first year .....

(welcome to the asylum) ......
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

I have an 89, Red & Black. Its a great year and its been an awesome bike. I think its worth $1500 if its perfect other than the dent in the tank.
    But like others have said maybe he would take $1000.

Yamaha parts add up quick. Check out my "project black widow" thread.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

I paid $1600 for a '99 with a clark tank, upgraded footpegs, new tires, tool tubes on a stock yamaha rack and improved suspension. It was located in Tucson, and I drove to get it. My brother lives in Tucson, so I needed to make it out to visit him. I don't know about Arkansas, but in Kansas they don't have high re'sale value. I think $1500 is high, but in the grand scheme of things, you will love your TW, and not worry about what you paid for it.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

I paid 1600 bucks for a 87, which only cost 1599 bucks when it was new!!!!!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

Sponosred Links