longest day
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: longest day

This has probably been done to death but I've never read it.

I was wondering what your best total miles ridden in one 24hr. period on your dub, and any other bike you own.

I'll start.. With the dub it's 200. 125 the first day and 75 more coming in under the 24hr. wire.

Now many years ago I went from kazoo mich. to the copper harbor area in 24 hrs.. 600 + miles. Ouch !!!!!!!!!. That's starting out at 9:30pm and stopping for two hours sleep.. Yup. That's a long day. P.S. and painful.. I'm sure you crazies have out done that. (o; OMM.

I did 218 miles on Monday with my TW, longest day on another bike was From Hardy Arkansas to Milan New Mexico, 1,098 miles in 16 1/2 hours on a BMW R80RT while doing the saddlesore 1000.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

I just did 110 miles on saturday, that was kiler for me. The seat is tough to sit on that long,

for me. Mike

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

about 175 last year on the tw. had a bad case of monkeybutt near the end. I try to get off the bike every hour or so and walk around.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

On my TDub I've done 200 mile days a few times, a lot of which was gravel or twisty back roads.

I've done much longer days on some of my bigger bikes. I live in East TN and have, on multiple occasions, left home on a Thursday morning and arrived in Pueblo, CO on Friday night for dinner with friends. Ride around Sunday, leave Monday, home Tuesday night for dinner. I usually average about 3,200 miles round trip when I do this little getaway.

My parents live 1,012 miles from me. I've left home on a Saturday morning around 5:00 and had a late supper with them that night, then rode home the next day.

I've also ridden from home to Eureka, CA. I left work after lunch on a Thursday and had supper in Eureka, CA Saturday night. Door to door distance from my place to the Lost Coast Cafe was 2,800 miles. I rode the PCH down to the Bay Area, headed inland to Lost Wages, NV then took state roads and back roads home to TN. Total trip numbers were 9 days and 6,500 miles.

Some people despise long days and long distance on a motorcycle. I truly enjoy it. I like the solitude, the time to think inside my helmet without unwanted distraction, and the ability to mull over your own thoughts for hours on end. I like the feeling of the temperature dropping when you ride down into a valley, and the feel of the sun on your back as you ride east at sunset.

If I ever win the lottery my wife and I would probably jump on our bikes and ride around the world for a while.
    GapRunr

Current bikes TW200 * R1200GS ADV * R80g/s * KLR250 Miami Vice Edition * Hawk GT - For sale!

160 miles got home and next day went to store and got a seat pad.

I did 200+ in one day, 100 miles each way with some "local" miles thrown in. That's when I learned I needed a cruiser.

Dan
    2009 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha Virago 1100

double post
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by GapRunr View Post
    I've also ridden from home to Eureka, CA. I left work after lunch on a Thursday and had supper in Eureka, CA Saturday night. Door to door distance from my place to the Lost Coast Cafe was 2,800 miles.

+1 on the lost coast brewery. mighty fine way to celebrate getting to eureka!
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Saginaw, Texas, to Saluda, North Carolina, via Spartanburg, then some twisty roads for fun.

23 hours, with about 3 of those resting.

1060 miles all together.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links