Locating Parts
Close

Thread: Locating Parts

Hi all,

I just picked up a well used 2001 TW and need to get a few parts etc. I don't have a manual, and don't know exactly how to find part numbers etc...

Is there a general consensus here as to what retailer might be the easiest to speak with? I just don't want to spend countless hours trying to find what I need online if there's a place with good old fashioned customer service -- that I could call and say "I need to change the sprockets and chain, can you sell me everything I will need". (I'm talking about all the prints and gaskets and bits and pieces...

Any advice? I'd love to make one call tomorrow morning to place the order, rather than spend all day researching. I wanna go for a ride

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Xaman View Post
    Hi all,

I just picked up a well used 2001 TW and need to get a few parts etc. I don't have a manual, and don't know exactly how to find part numbers etc...

Is there a general consensus here as to what retailer might be the easiest to speak with? I just don't want to spend countless hours trying to find what I need online if there's a place with good old fashioned customer service -- that I could call and say "I need to change the sprockets and chain, can you sell me everything I will need". (I'm talking about all the prints and gaskets and bits and pieces...

Any advice? I'd love to make one call tomorrow morning to place the order, rather than spend all day researching. I wanna go for a ride

Thanks!
    A manual will tell you which parts you need to do the job. I order ALL my parts online.

BikeBandit is great, or Stadium Yamaha.

Boats.net has Yamaha parts too, but I had two "issues" with them...YMMV
    2008 TW200
    Southwest corner of BC Canada

YouTube channel: Hidden Content

TW in BC said it, but I'll amplify it. Bike Bandit has all of the exploded parts diagrams and they are keyed to the part description and numbers. No matter what source you use for buying your parts, it will be best if you have looked at these diagrams and settled on the right description and at least a tentative part number that the supplier can confirm or not. Just choose OEM parts on the BikeBandit.com site and follow the cues to get to your make, model, etc. A great source for us all. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys. I got some new sprockets and an oring chain and oil change parts ordered (hopefully correctly) and still got to ride 130 miles today. It was a good day

Quote Originally Posted by Xaman View Post
    Thanks guys. I got some new sprockets and an oring chain and oil change parts ordered (hopefully correctly) and still got to ride 130 miles today. It was a good day

Side cover gasket? Might need it, might not.

Rear sprocket lock tab washer thingies? Should be replaced at every other sprocket change.

Countershaft and shifter seals? With an o-ring chain on new sprockets, odds are if there are any miles on the bike at least one will start leaking before you need another chain.

Most all online sources use the same parts look-up software. I go to stadiumyamaha.com, copy the part number, open another browser window, past the number between quotation marks in google, then open the promising hits in new tabs. In 10 minutes I've compared prices from 20 sources. Be sure to check the shipping and handling so you don't have rude surprises.

Sponosred Links