Motorcycle shipping Services
Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    As I am on the hunt to buy there a lot of TW200 for sale around the country and few to choose very close. I wondered if anyone can recommend a door to door shipping service that they have used and had good experiences with.

I may buy new if I can get any of the local or semi local dealers to negotiate but otherwise I will buy used.

Thanks!!
    2011 TW200: Protaper Fat Bars, IMS Pegs, Cyclerack, Moose Racing Tail Bag, Cyrca Handguards, VStrom Mirrors, Jimbo Shield, Oxford Heated Grips, ProCycle 15k spring, 2x2cycles rack, seat concepts, Cyclops Adventure Sports LED conversion

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

Uship....

You put in the amount you're willing to pay, and people will bid on it. Lots of freelance boat, car, etc movers out there. If they have room, they love to move bikes as it just gives them some extra gas money. Helps if you're right off a major interstate, as well as the bike you're buying.

Wouldn't be surprised if you could get a bike moved Xcountry for $200.
    “One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it’s still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards.”

― Edward Abbey

Website looks like a great reference, Steve. http://www.uship.com/ looks like an excellent solution to individuals with shipping problems. Be sure to check the licensing and insurance of the carriers you consider. Many small carriers try to run under-the-radar to reduce costs, so cheapest isn't always best. Last thing you'll want to mess with is retrieving your bike from police impound halfway across the country.

$200 would be an excellent deal. Shipping usually costs about $400 cross-country, terminal-to-terminal, which may or may not include and/or require a crate, depending on service provider. Door-to-door, add $100. Need the crate set off the truck? Add another $50 for liftgate service. Shorter trips usually aren't much cheaper because the time invested is in the pick-up and delivery. Driving time is divided among dozens of shipments. As shipper or reciever, always be ready when the carrier arrives because travel time can be $5/minute. 10 minutes waiting for you to go find a forklift can easily be $50 to the carrier. Be considerate, provide a phone number that works if you can't dally on-site, and be ready. The service you receive will be better after a positive loading experience.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Uship has a rating program like Ebay, so you can go by their feedback as well.

The hurdle will be getting the seller to go along with the hassle vs just selling it local.

Also, getting them paid can be challenging with all the scammers on CL. Smart people are wary. Buying from a TWforum member could help. Also, you could have the driver pay them cash(you wire them the $$..be sure they have good feedback). Many ways to skin the cat..

Not just for bikes...they ship anything
    “One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it’s still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards.”

― Edward Abbey

Thanks Guys I am going to check this out. I am a bicyclist and have bought several bikes off of craigslist from far away lands. For sure sellers are weary and its about a (5-10)/1 ratio if success (they will ship). That has hurdles in that the seller either has to pack the bike or get to a local bike shop for the service.

There are lots and lots of them out their so I may be able to find a deal that makes sense. I would prefer to get new and get a decent deal but I have not felt the dealers out. I have several. They are off on Monday's but tomorrow I will start the process with them.

I have found several good looking bikes on CL's too so I will go down that path today.

Thanks again.
    2011 TW200: Protaper Fat Bars, IMS Pegs, Cyclerack, Moose Racing Tail Bag, Cyrca Handguards, VStrom Mirrors, Jimbo Shield, Oxford Heated Grips, ProCycle 15k spring, 2x2cycles rack, seat concepts, Cyclops Adventure Sports LED conversion

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

I submitted a listing on Uship. I found a dealer that has a few 2011 bikes for a decent deal. If I get them down just a tad more and Uship pulls through it may just make sense.

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

Do some searches on here for guys who have gotten screaming out the door deals. Show the thread to the dealer. Couldn't hurt...

― Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE IN SOCAL View Post
    Do some searches on here for guys who have gotten screaming out the door deals. Show the thread to the dealer. Couldn't hurt...

Good idea. I printed the CL I found that has 2011's for 3799.00. I would be happy with that locally.

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenmarklay View Post
    Good idea. I printed the CL I found that has 2011's for 3799.00. I would be happy with that locally.

Back in 08 I was getting ready to pull the trigger on an 07 from a dealer...backed out when it looked like the economy (and my business) were going to tank. Had them down to $3k out the door.

― Edward Abbey

Well I might have to more aggressive . I am going to contact all 10 or so of the dealers within 150 mIles. I may be driving it home on the highway if that's what it takes.

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links