hit a deer
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hit a deer

Hit a deer the other night doing about 55mph, went flying over the handlebars and tumble and skidded down the pavement and landed in the middle of the road. Bent right fork, dented gas tank, busted the dash all to hell, bent handlebars, bent tail section and today I took off the seat and tank and it looks like the main bar under the tank is bent about an inch to the right. Killed the dam deer but was able to ride the tdub home (with no headlight).

As bad as that is to hear ... it's great that you are still here to tell us.

And after all that ... the Dub still manage to limp home? Wow. They are all go ... no quit.
    Ride Along With Me On YouTube: Hidden Content

TW's are a lot cheaper and easier to repair than people. What's the damages to you?
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

lucky I had on my new motorcycle boots (tank landed on my foot) or I would of probably had a broken ankle, I had on my thick leather jacket and snowmobile bibs and snowmobile gloves. Everything stayed on including my full face helmet. Only some small road rash on my elbows and knees. bibs are ripped to shreeds were I landed. Just a sore ankle and lower back, I will buying an armored suit, been looking at the Klim badlands suit.

Glad you're OK! That'll be something to tell the grandkids about.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Man you are lucky. A lot of deer around your area. I grew up in MI. A lot of deer here too. I will be very careful at dusk...

I have not laid down a motorcycle but I hit the ground hard in a bike race a two years ago. Not fun. One of those spectacular high speed sprint deals. Some guys race bike broke in half. 7-8k gone. I went to the ER got stitched up. So no spandex on the motor cycle for me
    2011 TW200: Protaper Fat Bars, IMS Pegs, Cyclerack, Moose Racing Tail Bag, Cyrca Handguards, VStrom Mirrors, Jimbo Shield, Oxford Heated Grips, ProCycle 15k spring, 2x2cycles rack, seat concepts, Cyclops Adventure Sports LED conversion

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

one of my fears every night going past the parkland here on my way home from work.........glad you're OK. Gotta look into better gear myself.
    Hidden Content

2007 T'dub

Cyclerack/Dual Northern Tool Boxes/AVG Miglia Helmet/Infamous Tubes/Fanny Pack/ATV Tank bag

Hunting season is over. Leave the deer alone.

*From a hunter who took or guided to take ~415 deer last season.*

Seriously, glad to hear you are going to be okay. Automatic weapons should be legal on woods rats.

Thanks for the kind words guys, we live out in the country surrounded by farm feilds, I see deer almost every night and usually keep it below 45mph after dark but that night I wasnt thinking and was going to fast. The deer around here eat very well thanks to the farmers lol. I think what saved me from some serious road rash was I hit the deer broadside and went straight over the handlebars and tumbled more than skidded.

Great to hear you are ok. I am at the tip of the thumb of Michigan and we are totally over run with deer. M25 around the thumb sees more motorcycles than cars on some summer weekends but the deer do keep you on edge if you are riding near dusk or after dark. The bad news is a rider hit a deer last summer up here and died, the good news is he was the only motorcycle fatality in Huron County in the last 10 years so even with all the deer it is pretty safe riding here. If it was up to me I would make a point of taking at least 50 doe off my families 1400 acres every year. The problem is getting hunters to take that many doe. Land owners and farmers should be given more freedom to manage the deer population on their private property. A reason car insurance is so high in Michigan is due to all the damage claims people make hitting deer. Just yesterday morning my neighbor crunched his van hitting a deer. Just another insurance claim for thousands of dollars while landowners and farmers are powerless to do anything to control the herd. Thanks a lot DNR.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links