Close

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Carboot
  • 4 Post By Michael Bryce Winnick
  • 2 Post By Moabman
  • 2 Post By Moabman

Thread: Saddle and tank search

Saddle and tank search

Hi, I have just acquired a 2007 tw200. It is going to at least need s carb clean and new chain. I was thinking of bringing it to the Yamaha dealer to check it out. However, while towing it home, the seat came off. Should I get an Oem or is there a better make of saddle that's not too expensive? I would also like to get a larger gas tank. Are there any thoughts on which one to get? Cheers
    Corey_Couture likes this.

Senior Member Michael Bryce Winnick's Avatar
    1. Get a used seat and bolt it on. Seat concepts is raved about and perhaps justifiably so. I have exactly what I need. Even with a seat concepts set up, it is an add on. There is no way to avoid the need to buy a stock seat and improve from there. Before buying, you should ask the prior owner how much naked riding he does. We have a picture on this site that is very upsetting. Do not scan for the "F-pants" picture as the therapy sessions will cut into your riding time. Put a Coleman pad on top of a stock seat it and call it done..,perfectly. The Coleman pad is the best pad in the world and nobody should get any other pad. I had a member of this site sell me a pad for just shipping that seemed to have just came out of the box. I makes a night and day difference. He signed an affidavit that there was no naked riding on it.

2. Get a Clarke opaque tank. It comes with a free gas gauge and will more than double your range. With the seat pad discussed above you are going to like it so much, you will not want to get off the bike for a few hundred miles. The seat is so comfortable that if I could have another bike pull up along side of me while I was riding and do a bike to bike/on the road refueling at 65 mph. I would. I intend to be the father of that concept. Do not steal my utility patent. I am calling Inventhelp and George Foreman today. The Clarke tank is better than a tank that can/will get scratched or dented that has you staring at the odometer for the first 35 miles of your trip knowing that you will need reserve to get back in a few minutes. The closest thing this bike has to a shortcoming is the range. Don't fall for the argument of carrying gas in a tool tube. I also have the rotopax, but it is a little too heavy duty for a full time plan. If you put gas in the tool tube, where are you going to keep your JIS screwdrivers and Charleston chews, huh...tell me. Clarke tanks are the best tanks in the world. Nobody should get any other tank. Opaque tanks come with the free gas gauge. They also look tough and a TW needs all the help it can get in getting the attention of women who love bad boys. With the stock tank I would show up for the rumble and people would just laugh. Now, not so much. So far Admiral is the only guy that can ride one of these things and score big.
    Last edited by Michael Bryce Winnick; 05-04-2017 at 06:01 AM.

+1 on the larger tank.

My Clarke XT225 4.1 gallon tank gets me about 225 miles. And that's with tires around 12-14 psi and a 55 tooth sprocket on the back.

The only downside I know of to the plastic tank is that you can't paint it or put stickers on it without punching a bunch of tiny holes in it.

20160920_123222 (1024x576).jpg
    1911garand and Rockit like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member DARIVS ARCHITECTVS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moabman View Post
    +1 on the larger tank.

My Clarke XT225 4.1 gallon tank gets me about 225 miles. And that's with tires around 12-14 psi and a 55 tooth sprocket on the back.

The only downside I know of to the plastic tank is that you can't paint it or put stickers on it without punching a bunch of tiny holes in it.

20160920_123222 (1024x576).jpg
    What sort of stickers punch holes in things?
    DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
    (Darius the Engineer)

1944 DKW NZ350-1 11. Panzerdivision
    2003 BMW R1150GS Adventure
    2010 Yamaha TW200 (cuz it's cute)

Ahhh...that's a funny play on words! You got me!

The only way I could get my stickers to stay on my plastic tank was to use a needle and poke holes all in the sticker so it could vent the fuel gasses that pass through the plastic tank. Otherwise the sticker bubbles all up and the sticker falls off.

I'd love to find a manufacturer of stickers that are already perforated. Nothing so far...
    Dryden-Tdub and Tweaker like this.

Sponosred Links