thinking of moving
Close
    Hi everyone, My wife and I have been thinking about moving. We are looking at the Reno Nevada area. She grew up there and still has friends there, so it wont be bad for her. I grew up in a town of under 20,000, so I know Reno will be culture shock for me. Anyway, is there much to do in the area, like fishing, hunting, and of course riding the TW Also does anyone know how the job market is there? I make about 18.50/hour here in Lebanon, and with my bills right now I need to stay about $15 or more. I'm a machinist, but I can do almost anything. If there is anyone who lives in the area, please help me. I dont want to make a mistake and regret it. Thanks
    1999 TW200 Mods- Fishing rod holder, Tail bag, handlbar risers, and soon to be JimboSheild

My sister and her hubby live in Lebanon...Alan & Shawn Johnson.

If you like bird hunting....hell yes. Big game is tougher, as the draw lottery is brutal. Winnemucca is mecca for chukar..also Huns and Valley quail. Pyramid Lake is epic for Lahanton (sp?) trout. North around Susanville is good for waterfowl I've heard.

Nv is very conservative, so scrape your Obama stickers off your bumper

If Cali falls, Northern Nv is my Alamo...retreat and dig in.
    “One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it’s still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards.”

― Edward Abbey

California won't fall. The San Andreas is a slipe/strike fault, not a falling block. Eventually, LA will be across the bay fron SF, and all the libtards will be wandering around with dazed and confused looks on their faces trying to figure out how to blame the conservatives for the rudeness of the new neighbors.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    California won't fall. The San Andreas is a slipe/strike fault, not a falling block. Eventually, LA will be across the bay fron SF, and all the libtards will be wandering around with dazed and confused looks on their faces trying to figure out how to blame the conservatives for the rudeness of the new neighbors.

Sounds accurate.

Sponosred Links