mirrors
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: mirrors

When I purchased my used 2007 TW200, it came with just one left side view mirror that is not in very good condition. The silver is starting to go around the edges. I also notice that the arm length is such that I really don't get a very good view unless I move my head left. So, I'm ready to get a set of new mirrors and would like the benefit of those who have done this before. Would you go with OEM mirrors or something else? I'm mostly interested in getting a good view with long enough posts. I've heard that some threads are 8mm and some 10mm. Is the OEM mirror 8mm? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
    When I purchased my used 2007 TW200, it came with just one left side view mirror that is not in very good condition. The silver is starting to go around the edges. I also notice that the arm length is such that I really don't get a very good view unless I move my head left. So, I'm ready to get a set of new mirrors and would like the benefit of those who have done this before. Would you go with OEM mirrors or something else? I'm mostly interested in getting a good view with long enough posts. I've heard that some threads are 8mm and some 10mm. Is the OEM mirror 8mm? Thanks
    The newer mirrors are plastic backed and the arms are chromed. Mine are very clear and vibration is not a problem. The arms are too short and like you I have to lean over to see past my shoulder. I am looking for extentions as my mirrors are in good shape. Not sure if the extensions will maintain a blurr free picture though. If I was replacing both mirrors as you are I would look for a set with longer shafts in a corrosion free construction. Let us know what you decide, and pictures are always good.

Of course I can't remember the company's name,but mirror extensions are available.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I got a pair of generic motorcycle mirrors off ebay. $6-7ish. Then I bought a left hand thread adapter for the right side, $5. Put them on and couldnt see anything but shoulder. So threw those baby's in the vise, heated the base where they bend, and bent them further. Had to repaint the stems as it cracked the paint but worked great. I can see fine now and this is one of the few things I got right the first time.
    Tenaciously Deviant Unwittingly Brilliant

When my TW decided to lay down and "rest" on a ride a while back, it broke the glass on the left mirror. I found a stick-on convex mirror at Walmart that was the exactly side to stick on top of the broken mirror. I rather like the wider view this gives me on the left side. I have a standard mirror on the right and this on the left. Was a cheap fix that has served me well.

I bought these square Emgo mirrors. I bet if you put them on risers the would be perfect. I mounted mine normally and they are better than the stock one, in that I can see more, but they buzz the same and blur at speed.

For $10 bucks I don't mind replacing them when I dump it! These are correctly threaded for the right side too!
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

Thanks for the info guys. On the Emgo mirrors, n2o2diver, do you get both the left and right mirrors and stems for $10? If not, how do you order each side or do you need an adapter for the left hand thread for the right mirror? I'm assuming then that the stock size is 10mm? I had no idea there were so many mirrors out there. Thanks again. I won't feel so bad now if/when I lay my Tdub down for a rest knowing even the best have their moments.

Yeah, for $10 you get both mirrors and they are threaded correctly. The go right on, no problem.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

Thanks, for $10 I'll give them a try.

Anyone else have a problem with mirror vibration at highway speeds? Mine vibrate so bad that its hard to tell what's behind me, drives me nuts, and isn't very safe. I wonder if any of you have a solution. I was thinking of trying some plumbers tape on the threads to see if that absorbs any vibration but don't feel confident it will.
    "SickPuppy76"
    Greg from Glenville

2014 TW200 rear Cyclerack with bag supports and Versapack saddlebags, upgraded foot pegs, Mad Dog seat cover
    2014 Nissan Pathfinder 4WD
    2005 Buick Rainier AWD
    2001 Bass Tracker Pro Team 185XT
    Old Town Trip10 Angler Kayak

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links