Swinging your leg over ...
Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Do you step on the left peg to get some height ? 25 years of shoeing horses has taken its toll on my 'agility'.

I suppose I could vault up from the rear over the loaded Cyclerack, like the trick riders do with horses, but that may be a bit dramatic.
    “One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it’s still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards.”

― Edward Abbey

Its entertaining watching some riders get on their bike without falling over..
    2008 TW200 with a super cool exhaust

I grab the handlebars, lean forward over them as far as I can and kick my leg over, works for me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Some days I have to grab my pants leg & pull my leg over. But most of the time I just throw my leg over. I'm 5'11"
    Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

15/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, D2Moto foot pegs

tweaked carb (127.5 jet, 0.019 needle shim, idle screw @2.25),

Rubbermaid "Action Packer" on homemade brackets

I step on the left peg.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

age has its breakdowns.......with the action packer, I grab my foot
    Hidden Content

2007 T'dub

Cyclerack/Dual Northern Tool Boxes/AVG Miglia Helmet/Infamous Tubes/Fanny Pack/ATV Tank bag

Try cocking your leg in as you swing it over? Alternatively don't feel shy about mounting by standing on a peg. Maybe have a center stand fitted as well? I twisted something today getting on in an unusual way so I feel for you.

I used to swing my right leg over my tank when I had my rack loaded. Now its habit so I do it every time.
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

Depends on how much gear I have on. If a lot I pull the leg of my pant or grab my foot.

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE IN SOCAL View Post
    Do you step on the left peg to get some height ? 25 years of shoeing horses has taken its toll on my 'agility'.

I suppose I could vault up from the rear over the loaded Cyclerack, like the trick riders do with horses, but that may be a bit dramatic.

If I have a big load, I stand about 2 feet away and kick my right heel up onto the seat then slide on with a hop on the left foot. It ain't graceful, but it works. Better be sure it's in gear and the footstand is not going to sag into the dirt, though....could be mighty embarrasing if it went down with you in that position!
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links