WAS hoping to buy this weekend
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BUT I BOUGHT ONE TODAY. Couldn't be more excited. Craigslist ad showed up yesterday and I jumped on it.

2000 TW with 960 original miles. Absolutely awesome condition. Registered through August and the original owners manual came with it.

Test drove it and offered him cash on the spot less than what he asked. Picked it up for $2000 even.

Chain and sprockets in good shape. I will probably change the oil and get a new battery tommorrow just for peace of mind and good measure. Can't wait to get into it!

This is my first bike.

A fantastic deal!

With a great start like that you are sure to love your bike.

If only we could all find such treasures....
    James

Attitude =

The difference between

Ordeal and Adventure

Good work. That's what I always do with a new bike. Change the oil and filter. Clean and lube the air filter. Check or replace the spark plug. You get to know the bike a little and have a sort of base line to go forward with. I was surprised to see that some auto parts stores have motorcycle batteries at a very good price. Might be worth a check. That looks like a very nice bike.
    1987 TW200

2000 Yamaha XT350

2005 Yamaha Majesty

2009 Honda Ruckus

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I haven't paged through the manual, but as far as air filter and battery, are they standard for motorcycles?

Very nice bike and under 1K for a 2000? Someone bought this bike, had it for a dozen years and didn't even put 1,000 miles on it?? Who are these people that buy themselves toys and then never play with them and why can't I find one of them who had more bucks than brains who's willing to sell their like-new TW for a song? Ride that baby like you stole it my friend, cuz you did! Congrats and welcome to the club. Now go put some miles it!

Quote Originally Posted by Truelight View Post
    Very nice bike and under 1K for a 2000? Someone bought this bike, had it for a dozen years and didn't even put 1,000 miles on it?? Who are these people that buy themselves toys and then never play with them and why can't I find one of them who had more bucks than brains who's willing to sell their like-new TW for a song? Ride that baby like you stole it my friend, cuz you did! Congrats and welcome to the club. Now go put some miles it!
    Funny that you mention it, because the original key I have has a keychain with a rubber attachment that says "Snake River Yamaha, Meridian, Idaho"

The original owner was apparantly an older gentleman who rarely rode it. Second owner was bought for a girlfriend, who since January put 400 miles on it. So 500 miles with the original owner...fine by me!

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
    Funny that you mention it, because the original key I have has a keychain with a rubber attachment that says "Snake River Yamaha, Meridian, Idaho"

Small world. I bought my TW at Snake River Yamaha. After owning my TW for 7 years, I took off the dealer keychain you mention about a month ago. And removed the SRY logo sticker off the front fender last winter.

Enjoy your ride.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Nice bike! I like that color combo.

Make sure you read the oil change thread.

Heed the warning about the oil filter.....make sure it has the 4 holes.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

Thanks for the compliments. As for battery and CORRECT air filter (4 holes)...do Yamaha dealers that sell this bike carry these parts?

Thanks

I've had 13 TW's pass through my hands and every last one of of them had a washable bronze screen oil filter.

Zupwiddat? Has something changed? Why are so many people BUYING oil filters of late?

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links