First TW200
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: First TW200

Hey all,

I was looking for a tw200 recently in central KS and nothing was coming up.

I had the good fortune of finding one in Wichita recently and called about it the evening it was posted. A quick trip to Wichita the next morning and I was the proud owner of a 1990 tw200.

It's all stock at this point, not sure what all I am going to do with it. Any useful, somewhat inexpensive ideas for upgrades would be welcomed and appreciated.

Glad to be a part of this forum and thanks for all the information that's on here.

Congrats!

For mod ideas, you don't need to go any further than browsing the forum here. Check out the "Performance and Customization" sub forum for some wacky ideas
    ITCB

Congrats on the bike!

For upgrades, the cheapest would probably be:

If that's not the look you're going for, like operose said, the Performance and Customization threads are great!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

bar risers,and bigger foot pegs make big difference.

I really think..Big E's suggestion is awesome! Congratulations on your purchase..I've had mine for 16years(89 T dub) I still love it..Its completely stock although I have been looking at the performance and customization threads and now I'm thinking I should do a few things! Have fun riding it man!
    AKA..."The Dustyfilter"Hidden Content
    89 T Dub.10k all original...so far Hidden Content

Thanks guys. And Big E, where can I get a bright pink pair of those for my first upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by ezekiel10smith View Post
    Thanks guys. And Big E, where can I get a bright pink pair of those for my first upgrade?

I'm guessing you could pick up a pair of those in Walmart, KMart, or Target in the pink isle. Not the "feminine hygene" isle...though nothing says "I'm here for you, ladies" like some tampons tied to your handgrips. It's the other pink isle; there will be some Barbies, some princess costumes.

I personally opted for some D-flex brush guards:

You'll also be needing a way to carry some extra gas and pick up some beer. While I've got this on my bike:

I wish I had mounted two of these:

Me Crate! I got laughed at when I used the "crate" as my Triathlon transition storage, so I strapped it on my back rack as a easy way to get stuff:

dette likes this.

I second the Tusk D-Flex handguards: solid, reasonably inexpensive, and if you've got to argue the point to a significant other: they'll *save* you money (just like buying a bike did ) when you inevitably dump it on a trail. Instead of busting a clutch or brake lever, instead you just put a big dent in your pride and maybe some scratches, too.

Best modification to the bike you can make is actually to you: buy good gear and WEAR IT! Wish I owned more [and better] gear.
    --

1997 TW, well loved, a bit modified.

I read the various ratings on the Tusk D-Flex on the online retailers and many complain about them being easily bent (the aluminum part).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links