This is gunna hurt
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: This is gunna hurt

This is gunna hurt

IMG_0705.JPGIMG_0065.JPG
    Last thing I thought before I hit the dog in the road. I had no clue how right I was. Have a ton of things I'm thankful for though.

1. shattered my knee and not my neck.
    2. shattered my knee and not my neck.
    3. A great Dr. happened to be on call.
    4. Was dressed for the occasion. No road rash and gloves saved my hands.
    5. I could go on, had disability and health insurance! A job I could go back to while I'm still hobbling around and an ex who was kind enough to take me in till I was through the worst of it.

Tw dub bent the clutch handle, broke the speedo housing and the rear blinker. Glad I was there to take the brunt of it, one tuff little bike. Little love and she started up the other day.

Looking forward to getting back on her. Seriously thinking I may stick to the trails and stay out of the concrete jungle. I know there is other wildlife out there but i can't imagine if the dog had been a car. Just now getting to where when a motorcycle goes by I see the bike and not just the extremities hanging off of it.

Glad your are ok and getting better.
    Ken, SanDue, littletommy and 1 others like this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

*&%$&*$%$&$ dogs!!!!!! Even worse, owners that let their dogs run free.
    admiral, grewen, jtstdub and 3 others like this.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Hope you are up and riding soon bro!!
    Ken and admiral like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

Hey, imagine how the dog feels about this.
    Ken likes this.
    Phelonius

Wow. Surgeon seems to have done an incredible job. Hope you have a full recovery.
    How fast were you going and did you have any knee guards on?
    Ken and admiral like this.

I only hit a dog once before. I was just leaving town for a BMW rally, bike all loaded down. The dog came running from a big yard ,taking an intercept angle..I tried to get ahead of him but he still got in front of the tire..didn't kill him but Im sure he was hurtin
    Ken likes this.
    2005 Tdub

Ouch! The only pavement crash I ever had on a bike was caused by a tire biter dog. I had just picked up my GF and was accelerating away from her house and the neighbors dog darted out from behind the hedges right in to my front wheel. Bike went down and I had a little road rash but my GF took the brunt because she was in shorts with flip flops. Her parents took her to the ER and banished me from ever seeing her again. She got scraped up pretty bad and had a lousy summer but at school a week later she told me her brother had the same exact thing happen with that same exact dog just a week earlier while riding his bicycle. WTF?

I am a dog lover but felt no sorrow over killing that SOB dog. When the owner came out screaming at me I told him to go F himself and had to tend to a very hurt gal and a wrecked bike and the cops came and issued him a ticket. Too bad back then there was no such thing in our town as a leash law.

Heal well and fast HH but I can tell you from experience you don't yet know the half of the hurt you will have when you hit your 60s and get reminded of it every day after arthritis sets in. I sure hope that dogs owner has a good home owners insurance policy because I would be suing the living shit out of him.

GaryL
    jtstdub, Ken and Dryden-Tdub like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Ken
    Sorry to hear about the accident but glad you are recovering. LuvNot had a good point about instincts and I will add listening to that still small voice to save you. I was riding when a dog cut into me and I heard that still small voice say (What if it hits your foot?) I picked my foot up, felt the impact, wobbled but no crash. Heavy traffic all around, a two lane road with heavy traffic. I slowed, recovered my thoughts and continued going. Looking in the rear view mirror the dog wasn't so lucky. I didn't know my bike was damaged until I nearly got home. I went to shift and there was no shifter. Pulled over, it was only bent. Bent it back enough to make it home. Had I no heard (What if it hits your foot?) I'm sure my foot would have been shattered. Thank God for my Angel.
    DrTerrible and LuvNot like this.

David L. Hough has a bit about fooling dogs by radically changing the intercept angle: Slowing way down then accelerating hard...I can tell you from experience that it won't work on a TW!!!!
    My current strategy is to brake as hard as possible and stop (barring heavy traffic behind). If the dog is close he may overshoot, if he is 20 feet away you can probably stop in time. Then I scream NO at him and don't move again until he loses interest. If he were to actually bite me then I would shoot him.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links