Gotta love that Amsoil
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Gotta love that Amsoil

My 09 is now 100% synthetic.Changed oil 2 weeks ago and noticed right away that the tappet noise is almost non existent(checked clearances a week previous and were within specs)

Went for my first ride of the season tonight and the shifting was unbelievably smooth.I first thought full synthetic was over kill but with the improvements I've noticed so far I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Just wanted to pass on my thoughts.(Now if I could only find a Stearns seat cover in Canada)
    grewen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Valy View Post
    My 09 is now 100% synthetic.Changed oil 2 weeks ago and noticed right away that the tappet noise is almost non existent(checked clearances a week previous and were within specs)

Went for my first ride of the season tonight and the shifting was unbelievably smooth.I first thought full synthetic was over kill but with the improvements I've noticed so far I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Just wanted to pass on my thoughts.(Now if I could only find a Stearns seat cover in Canada)
    I'm going to try synthetic on my next oil change because I keep hearing good things about it. I too looked for the Stearns seat cover and couldn't find one. I did find an atv gel seat cover at Royal Distributing in Ontario. Didn't buy it cause it was in the neighborhood of 50 dollars. Ended up making my own with a piece of dense foam and some marine grade vinyl. You can get a vinyl glue at the upolstery shop that they use to reapair side curtains on semi's that actually weld the vinyl together. Totally waterproof and easy to use. Just a thought.

The wife and I are heading to Windsor Ont next month so I was thinking to scoot across the border to Detroit and see if I could pick one up there.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Yeah I use synthetic Lucas oil in my bikes and shifting smoothness was the most obvious improvement after going to that. Also notice the oil looks cleaner for a longer period in the site gauge.

What weight do you use, is there a specific lucas oil for bikes?

Thanks!

Depends on the bike, and I always use the recommended weight in the manuals depending on time of year (temps) and yes Lucas main focus is motorcycles.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Valy View Post

My 06 has a ticking in the tappet area. Is this similar to what your bike was doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    My 06 has a ticking in the tappet area. Is this similar to what your bike was doing?
    Yeah,that's it.I've read past posts that there will always be some ticking even if you're bang on specs.My 09 still makes noise but much better than it was.

Gun Ship,

Which windshield are you using and where did you get it? Thanks

Did you notice any fuel mileage increase?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links