TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Fishin box

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Blkrvrbart 
#1 ·
Well the fishin box made it's maiden voyage today. Got two bites, caught no fish, but rode 23 miles so I'm still smiling!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#7 ·
You need my box!

Vehicle Motorcycle Canidae Dog Car

GaryL

#10 ·
That is too bad you can't view the pics. I got with member Gregor who owns and runs a very well equipped machine shop. We used 3/16" diamond plate aluminum and made a very sturdy welded box to be easy on and off the rear cycle rack, takes just a few minutes to mount or dismount. Originally designed so I could take my 40 pound Brittany riding with me because she loves it and loves going fishing in the back rivers and streams with me. Not shown in my picture but I had PVC tubes mounted to the sides for carrying fishing rods and I wore a fishing vest with my trout tackle when every we went. The box is fully lined with 1/2" foam and has foam pipe insulation around the top edge to protect the dog from the edges. Lots of time, effort and expense went into it and when the dog is going it has a built in harness that keeps her in and only allows her to sit up or lay down, no full standing to disallow the weight shifting. A few times I had the box on the garage floor while working on the bike and she climbs in it and just sits there waiting to go. There are a few here who have pooches that just love ridding. Plenty of room in the box for a small cooler or even a case of beer if the dog stays home.

GaryL

#11 ·
Thanks for the pictures and explanation. I had been viewing the forum on the Tapatalk app which is awful. Got on here from the web and brought the pics right up. That's an awesome partner box Gary. I don't have a dog now, but grew up with a Brittany named Molly. She was "my brother's dog". Whatever. ;) That dog led and flushed anything alive out of the path anywhere I went. She was my dog of a lifetime. Never hunted seriously and never trained her, but she knew how none the less. Her favorite snack was nachos with jalapeños. Thanks for the pictures guys. I'm gonna go get busy. Or go ride. :)

While enjoying this day, remember those who gave so much for our freedom

#12 ·
Brittany's were born with hunting in their DNA and no training necessary unless you want it done your way. Mine turns 10 years old tomorrow and no sign of slowing down at all as long as she can nap for 20 hours a day when we are not on the go. Best GF a man could ever have and the minute she hears the keys rattle or sees a gun or fishing rod come out she is ready in a flash with no need for primping her hair or putting on her face and she can pee on the run. I locked the dog and my wife in the trunk for an hour. When I finally opened the trunk man was my wife pissed but the dog was happy as could be to see me!:D JK of course.

GaryL

#13 ·
That's hilarious. Of course my wife thinks differently. ;)
Molly stuck around about 17 years. When she was about 7 she got pregnant by a coyote and lost the pup but had to have it removed then that late summer was hit by a car. She recovered from both but limped a little after the car deal. She was pretty tired by the time she went home. But she was the best dog ever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.