Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Maveric ethanol free gas

Maveric ethanol free gas

Woot,
    Maveric stations in Utah and Nevada are selling ethanol free
    20170530_180622.jpg
    And on a separate hose too. So no half gallon of junk.
    Chris Vogel
    Current Rides
    2014 Zuma 50, 2004 TW200, 1992 R100GS, 1987 TW200
    Current Projects
    1982 550 Vision, 1986 XL600R

How much per gallon? And do I see that it is regular grade too?
    It just jumped to $4.20 for premium non-E in Oregon!!

I still have @ 4 gallons in the garage left from Moab. I wish we had some near by.
    socalnative, Ken and littletommy like this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Check out exactly where here: https://www.pure-gas.org/

Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    Woot,
    Maveric stations in Utah and Nevada are selling ethanol free
    20170530_180622.jpg
    And on a separate hose too. So no half gallon of junk.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

Here in NY it is available from mostly just two common stations, Stewart's Shops and Velaro. Thumbs up to both of these vendors and even though I don't use non E in our daily vehicles I sure as hell appreciate it for all of my small engines that are mostly on Stand By in my shed and barn. My home generator gets used just a few times every year but fires right up ever since I started using the 91 Non E but it gave me fits before the non E became available. About the last thing you want during a power outage is a generator that needs the carb cleaned before it will run.

On my To Do list is an experiment. My 2016 Toyota 4 runner and the 2015 Lexus RX350 both have trip computers that constantly read out the average MPGs the vehicles are getting, both are very accurate as I have checked them against the odometer and gallons used between fill ups. The 4 runner continually gets 17.5 MPGs on the E 10 fuel I feed it and the RX350 gets 25 MPG. I plan to fill up both vehicles for the next 2 full tanks with the Non E 91 octane and re set the computer just to see if the mileage is any better with real gas. Just for Ha Has if my 4 runner goes up to around 18.5 I can then do the math and decide if the higher price per gallon is worth using. We buy all of our daily fuel at the local Stewart's shop any way so it will be an easy test. I do not expect it to be worth the extra cost but what we must take into account is the ethanol fuel seems to do fine as long as it is not put in tanks that sit idle for long periods. E-10 fuels seems to be fine in more modern fuel injected engines that have computers that adjust to the type and octane of the fuel we feed them. Not so good in engines with carburetors and absolutely horrible if the fuel sits for long periods where it can and does go into Phase Separation in the tanks.

GaryL
    littletommy and Ken like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by Roseburg View Post
    How much per gallon? And do I see that it is regular grade too?
    It just jumped to $4.20 for premium non-E in Oregon!!
    It is 88 octane
    $2.83/gal, same as the 91.
    .30 more than the 87.
    Chris Vogel
    Current Rides
    2014 Zuma 50, 2004 TW200, 1992 R100GS, 1987 TW200
    Current Projects
    1982 550 Vision, 1986 XL600R

Nice tip Sponge. Unfortunately my local Macerick stations in Reno still ooze ethanol. However LT’s link showed where I can get pure dinosaur sauce in Carson City for my travels south. Thanks Folks!
    Ken, littletommy and Rockit like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Thanks for the tip. Hopefully it sells like crazy and other stations will do the same thing.
    Fred, Ken, BkCntryCrwlr and 1 others like this.

I do get better mileage in the car and bikes when I use Non E.
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    Here in NY it is available from mostly just two common stations, Stewart's Shops and Velaro. Thumbs up to both of these vendors and even though I don't use non E in our daily vehicles I sure as hell appreciate it for all of my small engines that are mostly on Stand By in my shed and barn. My home generator gets used just a few times every year but fires right up ever since I started using the 91 Non E but it gave me fits before the non E became available. About the last thing you want during a power outage is a generator that needs the carb cleaned before it will run.

On my To Do list is an experiment. My 2016 Toyota 4 runner and the 2015 Lexus RX350 both have trip computers that constantly read out the average MPGs the vehicles are getting, both are very accurate as I have checked them against the odometer and gallons used between fill ups. The 4 runner continually gets 17.5 MPGs on the E 10 fuel I feed it and the RX350 gets 25 MPG. I plan to fill up both vehicles for the next 2 full tanks with the Non E 91 octane and re set the computer just to see if the mileage is any better with real gas. Just for Ha Has if my 4 runner goes up to around 18.5 I can then do the math and decide if the higher price per gallon is worth using. We buy all of our daily fuel at the local Stewart's shop any way so it will be an easy test. I do not expect it to be worth the extra cost but what we must take into account is the ethanol fuel seems to do fine as long as it is not put in tanks that sit idle for long periods. E-10 fuels seems to be fine in more modern fuel injected engines that have computers that adjust to the type and octane of the fuel we feed them. Not so good in engines with carburetors and absolutely horrible if the fuel sits for long periods where it can and does go into Phase Separation in the tanks.

GaryL
    Ken likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

The Murphy Station in front of Walmart in Palestine Tx was recently rebuilt. It opened last week and is now selling Ethanol Free on a separate nozzle. 89 octane at 2.559 per gallon
    If all the Walmarts/Murphy's started selling ethanol free, that would be real progress.

James
    Ken and littletommy like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links