What Clothes Do You Wear
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: What Clothes Do You Wear

What Clothes Do You Wear

I have had three previous TW 200 and sold them for various reasons - just bought a new 2017 and starting to ride again at age 70 (wife not too happy)

At my age I am not going to be doing aggressive riding and I will be riding in very warm temperatures - what do you wear for riding clothes. Also I like to walk a bit when I stop so hard core boots dont work.

Thanks
    Ken and elime like this.

I wear a Aerostitch Roadcrafter suit & their Combat Touring boots.
    the boots most definitely won't work well for long walks like more than a mile. The suit is well vented & offers a lot of storage & protection .
    Ken likes this.

A white or light colored vented jacket and white helmet help a lot in the heat. Check to see if you have a https://www.cyclegear.com/ near you anywhere. They have a pretty good selection of things.

Welcome to the forum!!
    Smitty Blackstone, Ken and elime like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Cargo pocket shorts, colored wifebeater T-shirt, Velcro close tennis shoes and a ball cap.
    Phelonius

I've been wearing a very old 2-piece Roadcrafter suit, which I replaced with a newer one for road riding some years ago.

I dug out my Alpinestar Enduro boots that have been sitting for the most part for the better part of a decade. The first clamp I went to secure broke - the plastic seems quite brittle now. I'm calling Alpinestar later today to see if replacement hardware is available, since the rest of the boot is in good shape. If not, I'll see what a shoe repair place can suggest for buckles or Velcro to get a few more years out of the boots.

As an aside, the suit - and boots - I'm talking about from a Baja trip in 2003:

I like the Olympia Mesh Airglide 5 jacket and pants with CE internal armor in silver (pewter) and white: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...glide-5-jacket
    And matching pants: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...rglide-4-pants

They have waterproof removable liners so are good from about 50 to 100 degrees. For boots, I still wear heavy Sidi Adventure Rains. Good for about a mile or two of hiking once broken in. I feel that the most likely injury at the slow speeds I ride is to my feet, so I won't use lighter boots. I have been proven right by encounters with several hidden rocks in the sagebrush that would have broken toes or worse in lighter boots.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

I'm having difficulty staying safe and cool at the same time also. Even with the liner removed in my Viking jacket and all vents open in my helmet, i'm sweating if going <20mph.
    littletommy and Ken like this.

Next Adventure’s next adventure in Yuma Arizona would benefit from some of the modern mesh outfits since riding there tends to be a bit warmer than the Pacific Northwest. Their built in CE armor might reassure the wife too. Much cooler than conventional fabric jackets with vents.
    I plan to keep wearing my Forma Adventure boots until I’m also seventy and they have to pry arthritic hands off the throttle. Those boots are so comfortable that I’ll happily clump around camp in them after a full day’s ride without complaint. Very supple buttery soft waterproof italian leather does not provide the protection of a full on MX boot but sure they are comfortable and safe for hiking that last bit to the mountain top or strolling along a lake shore.
    littletommy, Elvesus and Ken like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post
    I've been wearing a very old 2-piece Roadcrafter suit, which I replaced with a newer one for road riding some years ago.

I dug out my Alpinestar Enduro boots that have been sitting for the most part for the better part of a decade. The first clamp I went to secure broke - the plastic seems quite brittle now. I'm calling Alpinestar later today to see if replacement hardware is available, since the rest of the boot is in good shape. If not, I'll see what a shoe repair place can suggest for buckles or Velcro to get a few more years out of the boots.

As an aside, the suit - and boots - I'm talking about from a Baja trip in 2003:

Very nice R100 GSPD. I have a 1995 Last Edition & have had a
    ot of fun rides .
    littletommy and Ken like this.

From another Septuagenarian:
    Justin 4762 boots (10" western style, very comfortable for hiking and made in the USA)
    Wrangler jeans
    Carhardt long sleeve T shirt
    3/4 helmet (should sell my almost new Bell full face helmet, since I seldom wear it)
    Kobalt TP18213 mechanics gloves
    ...work fine for me for casual exploring

Wife just wants to be advised of my route, so she knows where to pick up the body.
    Last edited by SportsterDoc; 06-05-2017 at 10:15 AM.
    2014 Honda CB1100
    2018 Yamaha XT250
    2016 Moto Guzzi V7 II
    2017 Yamaha TW200
    2012 Triumph Bonneville
    2002 H-D Sportster 1200 Sport
    2003 H-D Sportster 883
    1976 Honda CB750F
    1975 Honda CB360
    1970 Yamaha CT1
    1972 Yamaha CT2
    1972 Yamaha AT2/CT2