My First Bike-2005 TW200
Close
    Hi All,

I just got my first bike at 52! Last fall I took the Motorcycle Safety Education class, and other than trying to turn around in that tiny rectangle I really enjoyed it. I am short (5'2") and felt like I might be stuck with a cruiser..nothing wrong with that, but I've ridden horses all my life and am more comfortable with a more upright position, plus I wanted to go down some trails. So I decided on a dual sport and found most to be wayyy too tall. Then in tried the TW200, and fell in love!

I've been watching in the local paper and finally found a "like new" 2005. It only has 2,600 miles on it. A guy bought it for his wife, who rarely rode it, and he sold it to the 83 year old man who sold it to me! I paid $2200 and it looks and runs great (I had my motorcycle friend check it out).

This is a great forum...I've already found many upgrades and accessories I need to buy for it! My horse will be mad, I usually spend all my money on her!

Cherie
    2005 TW200, 2,600 mi.

Trust me. I have both. They don't eat when they're parked, and "green in" does not result in "green out".

You get used to it.

Welcome to our zoo.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks for the welcome. I am hoping a motorcycle will be "slightly" cheaper! My husband keeps asking why I persist in riding things that can kill me!!
    2005 TW200, 2,600 mi.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum!
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

At least if a nearby car backfires, your TW won't start crow-hopping and put you on the ground and stomp you.
    “One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it’s still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards.”

― Edward Abbey

welcome to the dubclub!

Congrats!

I bought the same bike last year.

Sponosred Links