Coors Silver Bullet Gas Can
Close

At the risk of ridicule, has anyone considered the new twist off cap 16 ounce Coors Light Silver Bullet can for gasoline storage? They will probably fit in the tool tube. They have enough strength to withstand the pressure of a beer and the price is right. And, you get to drink the Coors Light! Anyone?

2001 TW200 adopted January 2012. 2001 Moto Guzzi California EV acquired June 2012. Ex-rides: Hidden Content , Hidden Content that I rode 67,000 miles in six years and had many Hidden Content , 1979 Yamaha RD400F Daytona Special, Yamaha XT 500, 1969 Yamaha DT 175 Enduro purchased new that started it all and a Honda 90 and 110 ATV, an Indian Mini Buffalo (a 50cc Italjet) and a couple of other dirt bikes.

Keeping the seal from breaking down is the thing to worry about, as usual. Additionally, it might not survive a drop as well as a steel can.

16 fl oz? That seems kinda pointless, im pretty sure its like an 1/8 gallon of gas, i'd rather push my bike the 7 miles and drink a Heineken. A normal gas tank is the most practical method.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mac View Post
    At the risk of ridicule, has anyone considered the new twist off cap 16 ounce Coors Light Silver Bullet can for gasoline storage? They will probably fit in the tool tube. They have enough strength to withstand the pressure of a beer and the price is right. And, you get to drink the Coors Light! Anyone?

You send me a case of full bottles and I'll send them back to you empty so you can put gas in them! What do you think?

Seriously, I wouldn't do it unless it was an emergency. Clever thinking though.
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

I would worry about the gas eating up the seal plus only 16 ounces. I think the msr fuel bottle I got from REI holds about 30 oz plus fits snugly in my lincoln tool tube. I figure could get about 15 extra miles on 30 oz.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

After a few of these who'd care if the seal gave out!
    AKA..."The Dustyfilter"Hidden Content
    89 T Dub.10k all original...so far Hidden Content

Mac,

While not as much fun to consume, SeaFoam cans would serve the same function, no worries about the seal and they are made heavier. I have used them to haul/store white gas for years and not had any problems.

Bag

Post Script, they fit nicely in the tool tubes.
    "The TW may be slow, but the Earth is patient" - MK

"If I'm wrong, and it turns out that you hate it, I'll send you all my Barry Manilow albums." LB

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
    Mac,

While not as much fun to consume, SeaFoam cans would serve the same function, no worries about the seal and they are made heavier. I have used them to haul/store white gas for years and not had any problems.

Bag

Post Script, they fit nicely in the tool tubes.

I also use the Seafoam cans for gas. Perfect for the chainsaw case. I have yet to use a full can in a day on my 16" chain saw
    TW200, Bruin, Sportsman, Ranger, Wrangler
    ----> Old Age Ain't for Sissies!

Sponosred Links