my story
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my story

i've been posting almost everyday now so i figured intro was necessary

i have a 2007 tw that I got for 2k with 4500 miles on it. it is my first road bike. I had a honda trail 110 in high school on the farm and later bought a cr125 for the track. I sold both bikes when I moved to college. newly married now after college. working in biomedical. I was driving a basketcase. I had a 1980 formula firebird that was giving me trouble every week almost. got her fixed up enough to sell and found my tw locally. I was orginally looking for a late model KLR. i sold the pontiac to a man from galveston for 2100.00 and went the same day and got my yamaha.

The poor guy who bought the firechicken didnt make it 100 miles back home before it blew the radiator and put him on the side of the road. for a while I felt bad about it, but I sold it as is. I never said it was a pearl. anyway, i've been on my little yamaha now everyday for almost 2 years, rain or shine. I smile just thinking about it. Thank you for this website. good group of guys and a great resource for a passion very few can understand. I get the "its only 200cc?" question alot but I don't care.

I get the why the heck are you riding that a lot to.I don't even try to explain...I just tell them she gets 70mpg and costs me $2.50 a day to run back and forth to work.....smile and walk away.

My other bike is a 650 V-Strom and a fellow said to me the other day "why don't you ride your "real"bike?"Of course he doesn't ride a Harley or he wouldn't have even asked.

Another guy said the TW looked like a Z-50 on steroids.Now that was funny.

She ain't no dream bike but it puts a smile on my face every-time I ride it and is just so effortless to ride compared to a bigger heavier machine....not to mention it will take you places no big heavy bike will.
    09 DL650 V-Strom "Function over Form at a Superior Price"
    09 DR650 "Hooliganizer"
    03 TW200 "No Road---No Problem"
    81 Z50 "Just Because"
    98 Honda Valkyrie "Fast as [email protected]&K"
    02 Tw200 " Camouflaged Redneck Edition" Sold to Son-in-Law
    73CT Trail90 "The most fun you can have under 100cc's" Sold. Had an offer I couldn't refuse.

I've had quite a few people ask what is that? Not a bike you see alot. I happened to stumble on one on Craigs list and knew right then that I had to ride a Tdub! very cool bikes that go almost anywhere.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

TW it's not a bike it's a lifestyle. I've only had one for a month and I think it's great. My wife actually got on it with me and rode a couple miles to go out and eat. I was a bit shocked but when I bought it she said it was cool.
    2005 Mini Cooper "S" Liquid Yellow "Tweety"

2007 Suzuki Kingquad 4x4

2007 TW200 w/DG slip on

Quote Originally Posted by importmech View Post
    I've had quite a few people ask what is that? Not a bike you see alot. I happened to stumble on one on Craigs list and knew right then that I had to ride a Tdub! very cool bikes that go almost anywhere.

i agree...my tw gets a lot of attention...but then i have no stickers on it so it's a little hard to figure out

Senior Member dstock@alaska.net's Avatar
    My affair with the TW started four summers ago when a couple of guys rode up and I said, "What's that." They let me check it out and gave me all the good info. That did it, the next summer there was one in my garage. Just dug it out of the Conex van yesterday and am now waiting for the ice to melt from our drive (400 ft)to start the fun.

Couple of weeks ago I sold The 1100 Honda Shadow,kept The TW. Any questions?

I have owned bikes since 1973 and have had some great and memorable rides/times. Quite often a bike was my only transportation. I remember seeing the TW when it first came out and thinking how cool it looked, and I have lusted for one ever since. We finally bought our's last Jan and they have exceeded my years of speculation.

Great bikes!

Thanks for the thread YT.

Bag
    "The TW may be slow, but the Earth is patient" - MK

"If I'm wrong, and it turns out that you hate it, I'll send you all my Barry Manilow albums." LB

Hidden Content

Picked up my 2009 leftover last June.....what a fun machine.....Honda missed the boat for not making their version!.

My 2009 leftover came my way in Jan. 2011. I have other bikes, but nothing like the T-Dub. Yesterday, I put 200 miles on that little rascal, and came home smiling. Some of the roads were U.S Routes and some were cow paths. I told my wife this morning, that yesterday ( all 13 hours of it ) might have been one of the best days I ever spent on a motorcycle. The T-Dub is the two-wheeled version of a zip-file. There is a lot more in there than you would ever expect.
    "Ride 'till the sun goes down, then go home', (or camp out, like I do)

2012 DR 650

2009 T-Dub

2004 GL 1800

2002 Moto Guzzi EV

2000 Moto Guzzi Quota

1976 Moto Guzzi Convert

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links