TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Another FNG checking in

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Joemama 
#1 ·
Hi Guys, I have been lurking on this site for awhile now and having recently UPGRADED from a DR650 to a TW200 decided to join the fun.

#7 ·
I recently bought an 85 Honda XL600R: I'll admit I was looking for a DR650 first. But I was *not* willing to sell/trade/otherwise get rid of the TW. I think the two complement eachother, not replace! (I got a very-used-TW price on the XL, or it wouldn't have happened.)

Welcome to the club. If you like riding offroad, get ready for a whole new world: have a look at the crazy crap the members here do in the trails/offroad/adventure forum

#8 ·
Thanks for the welcome to the Club T-Dub. I thought it was a cult! DR650 to TW200? It is simple, the DR was just to big for me. I am a big guy with short legs and I always felt top heavy on the DR. The Tw fits me much better. It is also a bike built to my riding style. I live with the Mendocino National Forest out my back door and will be spending days off riding the forest roads. My TW is a 2006 that has 1600 miles on it. Great shape but fugly. The PO removed the stickers and rattle canned the tank, and a poor job at that. As for planned mods, I just plan to ride it for awhile to see how it rides and runs and go from there. I do need a tail rack for it. If any one has one you are willing to part with, please let me know. Looking forward to learning and riding more.

Joe

#9 ·
... the DR was just to big for me. I am a big guy with short legs and I always felt top heavy on the DR....Joe
I think you'll enjoy the TW for slow trail riding in the Natioanal Forest. That's what I use the TW for.

BTW... I lowered my DR650 so it has the same seat height as the TW.

jb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.