acquired a TW
Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: acquired a TW

Hi, I'm new to the TW Forum, Thought I'd introduce myself, My name is Dan and I live in Boise, ID. I have acquired a new to me 2006 TW200. It has 1200 miles on it. Thanks to this forum, I have installed Cycleracks rear rack, Quadra saddle bags, rebuilt the stock seat with new foam, installing a "Agri-tube" with MSR fuel tube, waiting on shipment of a "Jimbo Shield". I still have to decided on hand guards and maybe taller handle bars. I really like this TW for the type of trail riding I do. I plan to do a lot of exploring in the mountains, haul out an occasional deer or elk and just have fun riding. I have talked to a few of my buddies who ride DRZ 400's and they have an attitude I bought the wrong bike. They don't think I can keep up. I don't think so. I do not plan on riding freeways or jumping ramps and catching air. I am almost 60 years old. We'll see who laughs last. Thanks for all the tips on mods in this forum. So far, I love this bike!

Welcome. Just give it time and your friends will find out that you've got the perfect bike. The TW can do anything any other bike can, albeit a little slower.
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

Welcome aboard.

Remember that it's just as hard for them to go slow on theirs as it is for you to go fast on yours.

Then go slow. You win.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your new ride.
    KJ

2008 Yamaha TW200

2011 Kawasaki Versys

2012 Suzuki V-Strom-ADV

2013 Honda CRF250L

Let them go fast. I’ve always enjoyed low & slow much more, after all, the journey is the enjoyment.

You’re gonna love this bike! If they rib you, it’s only ‘cause they’re jealous! m.

Hey A-1 Dan! Great to have another "local boy!" (I'm just up the road in Meridian). I still want to get a local riders "meet and greet" together. I'm guessing we have a half dozen or more T-dubbers here in the Treasure Valley. Welcome aboard!

Thanks, for all the welcomes to the board. These are great bikes, I appreciate their capabilities and understand why they have quite a following. A few years ago, I attended the "Idaho Star Program" to get the required motorcycle endorsement on my drivers license to be a legal motorcycle rider on Idaho roads. They had all different types of bikes to loan for the road portion of the class. I chose the TW as my bike to test on. I immediately aced all the required tests as the bike handled quite well in all circumstances. I knew then that the TW would work well for me. I love this bike!

Welcome to the unofficial Treasure Valley TW200 Owners Club (TVTW200OC). Oh, and the forum too
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Welcome come on in.

Her's a picture of my bike, took a short 30 mile loop to Lucky Peak to see the "Rooster Tail"[img][/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links