TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

TWs everywhere!

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Fred 
#1 ·
Saw this TW on our way to Brookings Oregon from San Francisco. Wish I had mine with me! This area was always a blast to ride when I lived in Oregon.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

See less See more
#2 ·
I’ve been seeing more TWs locally, co-incidentally on several Tuesdays enough to start thinking “TW Tuesday”.
This is an improvement from the first ten years of ownership when I never saw another Trailway. I was once intercepted on the trail by another rider very excited to have found and tracked TrailWing spor until he found me. We then rode together for 2 hours as I showed him various single tracks for his IT175.

#3 ·
Funny how once you own one, you start getting excited to see someone else on one. I saw a younger guy on one ride by the park where we were having a family lunch. I think it was the same guy that followed me to my house so he could ask me where I got the rack for my TW. I told him it was custom from Vanillagorilla on this site and he would have to wait in line, but that the cycle rack is good too. That was 3 months ago and he still didn't have a rack on when I saw him today.

#4 ·
Saw this TW on our way to Brookings Oregon from San Francisco. Wish I had mine with me! This area was always a blast to ride when I lived in Oregon.
View attachment 112441
SHHH! Dont let the cat out of the bag! We even have secret code names for our TW trails here like: "Glenn's Secret Trail" Plus I can think of 10 or so TW200s that I am aware of in little old Gold Beach....about 25 miles North of Brookings.

#10 ·
Maybe next year we can plan a Great State of Jefferson Ride here with a camp out....The time to do this is right now as the riding areas are drying out fast and the risk of fire is increasing...We do have a really nice place to camp here with cool temps.....The fire danger is a real concern as most of our trails are inland with warmer temps and dry grass in the national forest....We figure if a fire ever breaks out anywhere near where we are riding, started by lightning or someone else, we could be blamed for it, especially since many of our trails are of questionable legality! Small town and most of the (outdoor) folks around here know who we are....

So this time next year would be good...By the way we rode about 5 miles of beach during low tide a couple of days ago, it was a blast. And legal too as long as you are street legal. We have about 10 miles of beach here we can ride on....

#11 ·
Maybe next year we can plan a Great State of Jefferson Ride here with a camp out....The time to do this is right now as the riding areas are drying out fast and the risk of fire is increasing...We do have a really nice place to camp here with cool temps.....The fire danger is a real concern as most of our trails are inland with warmer temps and dry grass in the national forest....We figure if a fire ever breaks out anywhere near where we are riding, started by lightning or someone else, we could be blamed for it, especially since many of our trails are of questionable legality! Small town and most of the (outdoor) folks around here know who we are....

So this time next year would be good...By the way we rode about 5 miles of beach during low tide a couple of days ago, it was a blast. And legal too as long as you are street legal. We have about 10 miles of beach here we can ride on....

#12 ·
All sounds good Ibxr. All of it, I mean the beach ride, next year meet up, and much needed State of Jefferson!
Same situation in the Blue mountains of south eeast Washington. Fire danger will be increasing. But do they quit riding in the set aside atv areas? I doubt it, but will have to find out.
I know in some areas they quit logging because of fire danger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.