TW Graphics
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TW Graphics

Ive been a motorcycle nut since I was 10 and got my first Honda CT70, t[size="6"]hen I got another and another and when I was 12 I had three of them in our garage. Two were autos and one 4 speed. So now im a lot older and have always wanted a TW. Everytime I saw one I was intrigued with that big back tire on such a small bike. Anyway, got my first one, a 87, last year for 300 off Craigslist. It didnt run and I had to pay 240 for CDI to get it running. Ive since put a new seatcover, sandblasted and painted some parts, found a near mint rear wheel for it on ebay because mine had rusty nipples, lol.... Now it looks pretty good. Last monthI was selling a car of mine and a guy looked at it.. He saw my TW and said I have one of those with 1200 miles on it. He bought my car and part of the deal was his 97 TW. Then, I ran across the 89 black last week on Craigslist where the guy wanted 3400 for it. I bought it for way way less than that. Although I must say that the condition the 89 is in it might bring 2500 plus for someone wanting a mint black bike. So now I have three of them, just like my Trail 70s when I was a kid . But back than and I had to talk/coerce/whine to my dad to buy them for me. So after looking at all these TW's in the last year I was trying to figure which set of colors and graphics looks best. To me, the 88, 89 black /red is like no other in visual appeal. I dont believe Yamaha has made a black tank bike since 89. The 2006 with silver,blue and black would be my next favorite. Yamaha has made some hideous ones too, i.e, the light blue ones. I guess when you make essentially the same exact bike for 25 years you've gotta change something on it. So what year combo do you think is the best looking.?

87 (2) TW200 89 (2) TW200

91 Honda XR250L

97 Honda Valkyrie

01 Kawasaki KDX200

78 Suzuiki GS1000

1970 (2) CT70H

1974 Suzuki GT185

1981 Honda C70 Passport

Black Widow colors have always been my favorite color scheme. That's why I painted mine black and sand. Oops!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

I think black and red is the coolest! The 87 I'm working on has the same color scheme, but has seen better days

What differences are you noticing between the years?
    1987 TW200 - Work in Progress

1995 TW200 - Blaster Shock

2007 DRZ400sm - Stock

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I was looking for a Tw for about 6 months before I came across a low miles (1600) '89 on a motorcycle shop lot. I payed more then I wanted to but love that black widow look. The other colors I like are the 06? blue and the 05 silver/black is cool.
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

Here is my 89 with a new black seat cover. I am still trying to decide if I like the black cover or red better. I would be interested in feed back from you guys. I would like to get the newer black rims for the bike and black atv handlebars. My favorite color is this red/black and the 05 silver black.

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...46-26_7412.jpg

If you ever want to look at the color schemes through the years (as well as some custome colors folks have done) it's hard to beat this website - BikePics

Quote Originally Posted by Truelight View Post
    If you ever want to look at the color schemes through the years (as well as some custome colors folks have done) it's hard to beat this website - BikePics

As for stock Yamaha paint / graphics schemes, I kinda like this 2010 -

Quote Originally Posted by Truelight View Post
    As for stock Yamaha paint / graphics schemes, I kinda like this 2010 -

I'm kinda biased to that paint scheme For the lif of me I don't understand why all the little flowers in the red part of the stripe...looks kinda hippy though
    2011 TW200 Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by JKWheelin View Post
    I'm kinda biased to that paint scheme For the lif of me I don't understand why all the little flowers in the red part of the stripe...looks kinda hippy though
    I believe those are gears not flowers
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStateCrawler View Post
    I believe those are gears not flowers

LOL, yeah could be gears
    2011 TW200 Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links