Like Tree14Likes
  • 7 Post By PlacerLode
  • 2 Post By Fred
  • 1 Post By PlacerLode
  • 2 Post By PlacerLode
  • 2 Post By Fred

Thread: TW Hunting in Prescott Valley AZ

TW Hunting in Prescott Valley AZ

It's not very often I find deals on current model years but heres a fluke deal where a handicapped gent bought this 2017 and started a Jap style bobber conversion with Bridgestone and Shinko dual sport street tires, he moved the right rear foot peg up front like a forward control peg because of has handicap and he remounted the OEM muffler and slung it under the bike by slightly modifying the header pipe. Gotta give it to him for ingenuity especially since he's 87 years old lol. He decided it was too scary because he couldn't put his leg down fast enough so he traded it for an old Z-car and the Z-car gent just wanted to get around $2500 out of his trade and I picked it up for a tad more than that since he had the original no miles knobbies and the stock parts (except for a header pipe). I've been wanting a 2016 but the 17 will do until I can find an 18 lol

00707_bcoQBW1BNq7_300x300.jpg
    Xaman, Mattwings, lugnut and 4 others like this.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

TheLuigus has an stock exhaust system he is selling, plus lots of other stock parts left over from his bobber conversion.
    Part out after my 250cc conversion
    Last edited by Fred; 06-30-2017 at 04:51 PM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    TheLuigus has an stock exhaust system he is selling, plus lots of other stock parts left over from his bobber conversion.
    Part out after my 250cc conversion
    thanks for the tip Fred I'll keep that in mind but I think I have at least 6 possibly 10 exhaust systems here I've been collecting "spares" for years and recently wondered WTH I was thinking with 10 sets of wheels, multiple (complete) parts bikes I'm finally liquidating most and might end up with enough to buy a house lol
    Tweaker likes this.

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

So Fred do you have a complete collection of all years Tw's? If so if would be cool to have a collection viewing sometime. I'll bet an epic Tw gathering would happen. I'll bring a keg of local craft beer. Maybe do a byom barbecue pot luck.

Quote Originally Posted by PlacerLode View Post
    It's not very often I find deals on current model years but heres a fluke deal where a handicapped gent bought this 2017 and started a Jap style bobber conversion with Bridgestone and Shinko dual sport street tires, he moved the right rear foot peg up front like a forward control peg because of has handicap and he remounted the OEM muffler and slung it under the bike by slightly modifying the header pipe. Gotta give it to him for ingenuity especially since he's 87 years old lol. He decided it was too scary because he couldn't put his leg down fast enough so he traded it for an old Z-car and the Z-car gent just wanted to get around $2500 out of his trade and I picked it up for a tad more than that since he had the original no miles knobbies and the stock parts (except for a header pipe). I've been wanting a 2016 but the 17 will do until I can find an 18 lol

00707_bcoQBW1BNq7_300x300.jpg
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Tweaker I have often thought of a collection like that and I once heard of a guy who knew a guy who supposedly had a complete 87 up collection with 2 of each model year but you would think that guy would have found the TW Forum by now if he existed. It's hard to find the ultra primos that I like especially in the pre 2000 stuff even if you find low or "no" milers (under 100 miles) the weather and time has taken it's toll. It might be worth it for some forum members to buy a clubhouse in Moab and open a restaurant with TW Museum as the theme that way we could support our habits and have an excuse to be in MOAB year around lol
    jtstdub and admiral like this.

Hidden Content

We’ll call it The TrailWay Grill and Museum. With a couple kiddie carousel motorcycle rides out front we could really haul in the big bucks.kr_motorcycle-big.jpg
    Mel and admiral like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Arizona does have some very nice places and policies. Phoenix,however,seems to suffer from unchecked growth and urban sprawl. Think they had these signs up everywhere last time there: city under construction.jpg
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Sponosred Links