after several long rides on the tw
Close

this topic didn't seem to fit the trails and adventure riding section of the forum so i figured this waz the best place to post this. i have put a little over 1000 miles on my tw since i bought it about 3 months ago. i live in a little town in tennessee called harriman, about 30 miles west of knoxville, so it is a hilly area. i have regeared it +1 tooth on the front sprocket (and oring chain)and done the valve adjustments and timing chain tension oil change ect. after this period of riding the bike i'd have to say i am happy with my purchase. i have ridden it to knoxville 4 or 5 times to my girlfriends house (80 miles round trip) and it seems to do well, cruising nicely at a speedometer reading of 55-60. i just wanted to let any future buyers of tw's about my current experiance with the bike so hopefully they'll get one.

Quote Originally Posted by tanner View Post
    this topic didn't seem to fit the trails and adventure riding section of the forum so i figured this waz the best place to post this. i have put a little over 1000 miles on my tw since i bought it about 3 months ago. i live in a little town in tennessee called harriman, about 30 miles west of knoxville, so it is a hilly area. i have regeared it +1 tooth on the front sprocket (and oring chain)and done the valve adjustments and timing chain tension oil change ect. after this period of riding the bike i'd have to say i am happy with my purchase. i have ridden it to knoxville 4 or 5 times to my girlfriends house (80 miles round trip) and it seems to do well, cruising nicely at a speedometer reading of 55-60. i just wanted to let any future buyers of tw's about my current experiance with the bike so hopefully they'll get one.
    Same here.......got mine a month ago........planning on replacing sprocket.......haven't decided if it will be the front or rear........most of my driving is in the city.......but on the weekend i like to ride the back roads .......i'm in Ontario Canada in the Niagara Region so lots of nice riding around here..

Quote Originally Posted by tanner View Post
    ... i live in a little town in tennessee called harriman, about 30 miles west of knoxville...
    Hi Tanner,

Glad you are enjoying your TW.

That little town of Harriman is where our BMW group had our annual group ride back in April... wonderful riding country.

jb
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Wecome to the group Tanner. If you can make it on a Tuesday at 11AM longroof and myself usually have lunch with some other riders at Taco Bell. This one is just south of I-40 at exit 322. You probably don't want to take the intersrate, but if you come over to Crossville on US-70, you come to a 4way stop at route 392. Turn right, go up the hill about a block and Taco Bell is on the left. Longroof recently rode his TW up to Niagra Falls and back in 4 days. His is geared like yours. One tooth up on the front.

welcome Tanner. Great riding around Oakdale. jbfla! You were near my neighborhood!

oakdale's just up the hill from me. u ride live in oakdale longroof?

Sponosred Links