Been riding on interstate
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Here lately I have had to go to Chattanooga everyday so I,ve been riding my TW to save gas. Not only that but Id rather ride anyways. So people say, I would'nt ride that bike on the interstate because its not fast enough. Well I have proved them wrong. It is fast enough, in fact I would ride it anywhere. Thats how much I trust my TW. Long story short. I love my bike and theirs nowhere I would'nt take it.
    I got granny gear haha...

What gearing are you using? I'm still running the stock 14/50 and am fairly comfortable on the roads with 55 mph speed limits. I've been reluctant to venture out on the I's. Keep thinking that changing to 14/47 would give my TW a bit longer legs and not mess up the off-road performance too much. We do a lot of dirt riding, but most of it isn't technical enough to require staying in 1st or 2nd very long.
    Huntsville, Alabama - Have TW, Will Ride! All White 09 TW, D2Moto Pegs, Bridgestone 302 front tire, 2" higher bars, 3/4" fork preload spacer, 5wt Honda fork oil, 135mm fork oil level, exhaust tip mod, 2.5 turns out fuel mixture, 0.060 in needle shims, 130 main jet, 14/47 sprockets, 20w-50 Valvoline MC full synthetic oil, ImmixRacing rear rack, Bilt Bag on Rack, 1" front fender spacers, Battery Tender connections on new battery (installed 12/11), Coleman ATV seat cushion, 2 Agri Supply tool tubes, 30oz MSR Fuel Bottle, auxiliary 6 LED tail light, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra H4 headlight bulb, 2357 turn signals, and Superbright's 1157 LED Motorcycle Tail Light Bulb with 19 red & 6 white LEDs. Shortened rear turn signals. Bypassed kickstand switch.

Plus a "new to me" 1995 Yamaha Virago XV 750G for Pavement Purposes!!

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyMc View Post
    What gearing are you using? I'm still running the stock 14/50 and am fairly comfortable on the roads with 55 mph speed limits. I've been reluctant to venture out on the I's. Keep thinking that changing to 14/47 would give my TW a bit longer legs and not mess up the off-road performance too much. We do a lot of dirt riding, but most of it isn't technical enough to require staying in 1st or 2nd very long.
    I have the stock 14/50 and have hit 80 miles an hour a lot of times. I don't drive at that speed very long but i can comfortably cruise at 65 all day long.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Wow! I don't think my TW is like yours. Mines comfortable 45ish at 55 i think it might explode. 80!! you must weigh all of 95# soaking wet. Maybe mine has some hidden speed I haven't tapped into yet.
    2005 Mini Cooper "S" Liquid Yellow "Tweety"

2007 Suzuki Kingquad 4x4

2007 TW200 w/DG slip on

Quote Originally Posted by Captain D View Post
    Wow! I don't think my TW is like yours. Mines comfortable 45ish at 55 i think it might explode. 80!! you must weigh all of 95# soaking wet. Maybe mine has some hidden speed I haven't tapped into yet.
    I know it sounds like BS but i promise its not I weight 170 lbs its a 2011 with 3000 miles on it bought it brand new a year ago. On flat ground with no wind i can hit 80 miles an hour. At least thats what the speedo says i haven't Put a GPS on it yet to get a exact speed reading. It sounds like it will explode at 55 so whats the difference if it sounds like it at 55 or 80 its all the same

Quote Originally Posted by hardy View Post
    I know it sounds like BS but i promise its not I weight 170 lbs its a 2011 with 3000 miles on it bought it brand new a year ago. On flat ground with no wind i can hit 80 miles an hour. At least thats what the speedo says i haven't Put a GPS on it yet to get a exact speed reading. It sounds like it will explode at 55 so whats the difference if it sounds like it at 55 or 80 its all the same
    Same here. I've gained about 60lbs over the last 6 months due to my meds, putting me at around 235lbs. Took the TW on the interstate a few days ago and crept up to 80! I believe that the other cars around helped me out with the air flow. On flat ground I have gone up to 75 on flat ground before running out of road. I try not to do it often because of all the deer around here! The spedometer is surprisingly accurate. I've used my gps and they are dead on.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

I hope you are doing okay PalmStateCrawler!!! If it makes you feel any better I am around 235 because of beer and a lifetime of bad choices.

I think my TW tops out at 65. I think I have hit 70 once.

Quote Originally Posted by brent morley View Post
    Here lately I have had to go to Chattanooga everyday so I,ve been riding my TW to save gas. Not only that but Id rather ride anyways. So people say, I would'nt ride that bike on the interstate because its not fast enough. Well I have proved them wrong. It is fast enough, in fact I would ride it anywhere. Thats how much I trust my TW. Long story short. I love my bike and theirs nowhere I would'nt take it.

Haven't got the 2012 broken in yet but got the '07 I had with myself and my g/f on it up to just a hair over 70 and that was before I started putting only ethanol-free gas in her. Seemed to have more power after that and the 2012 is being broken in strictly on ethanol-free.

When I'm not on the bike I always think it's slower than it is...

E

My tw is stock and I only weight about 160 pounds, that does help. When im due for a set of tires I am going to put a different sprocket on so I can get a little more on top end and so my rpm,s aint so high. Although I am on the interstate, its only for a brief time. When I change my sprocket I would'nt mind staying on the interstate for a long period but for now with my stock stuff I will keep the interstate riding down to a minimum.
    I got granny gear haha...

Thanks Ceramite. I hope to ween off my meds soon. The doctor said I could try to yesterday. Fingers crossed.

I had to break down and put e10 gas in the tank once when I forgot to flip it off reserve when I filled up. There was a noticeable power difference. When I rode the interstate the other day, I made it up to 75. My 235lbs plus my girlfriends 120lbs put us at 355lbs going 75mph. Very impressive!
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links