Motorcycle Ergonomics
Close

I found an online Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator. Now you can try on for size every motorcycle you ever had an interest in. You can tailor it to your dimensions, customize the bike and change display options. It's cool.

One of my only complaints in life is that being a "precision sized" 5'6" with a 29" inseam has limited the selection of motorcycles that I feel comfortable trying to ride. Of course if I was more determined, I would just stop whining and make it work.

In any event I used the simulator for bikes with which I was already familiar and then some of which I have only dreamed. It seems to be on the money and some of those dream rides may be within reach, literally. Enjoy.
    2001 TW200 adopted January 2012. 2001 Moto Guzzi California EV acquired June 2012. Ex-rides: Hidden Content , Hidden Content that I rode 67,000 miles in six years and had many Hidden Content , 1979 Yamaha RD400F Daytona Special, Yamaha XT 500, 1969 Yamaha DT 175 Enduro purchased new that started it all and a Honda 90 and 110 ATV, an Indian Mini Buffalo (a 50cc Italjet) and a couple of other dirt bikes.

This is probably the most important determinant of joy with a motorcycle.

Glad you brought it up. I've always wondered how many handlebars are sitting in the exact same position that the dealer's setup guy installed them 10 years ago, and how many folks consider bikes like the TW to be "great bikes as long as you don't ride them for more than 100 miles" as a result.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks for sharing that website, it was fun. Looks like a WR250R is a little too tall for me, but the TW is juuuuust right!
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

What a good app. For me, I am 6 feet 5 inch tall 240 lbs, When I shop for a bike I have to use the fit test, so many bikes that I try on will not work for me, ( like a par of boots ) The Tw200 is small for me,I put bar riser on it ( big help ) new foot pegs on E-Bay for my big feet, Yamaha MX 250 gear shifter,It adds 1 inch to make it longer. Eazy to shift now. The bike fits me like a Pit Bike,but it rides so good. I do not give a shi! What I look like. But I have such a good time rideing it !
    Dave A. Smith

I tried it out on my TW, but I sit WAY at the back of the seat... basically where the passenger would sit. I tried using my Virago, and that thing was WAY off. They show my knees over the handlebars and my elbows bent at 90-degrees, which just isn't right, so can't quite count on it.

Dan
    2009 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha Virago 1100

This is even more of a big deal on bicycles. Geometry is a major factor in finding the right bike.

Sponosred Links