Like Tree17Likes
  • 8 Post By littletommy
  • 4 Post By Tirebiter
  • 2 Post By admiral
  • 3 Post By JagLite

Thread: The big lesson from Photobucket’s ‘ransom images’ debacle

Angry The big lesson from Photobucket’s ‘ransom images’ debacle

1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Here's hoping for a quick death of this company with a huge financial loss. The grief their decisions have made is a huge disservice to customers that put their trust in them. A perfect example of how not to do business.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirebiter View Post
    Here's hoping for a quick death of this company with a huge financial loss. The grief their decisions have made is a huge disservice to customers that put their trust in them. A perfect example of how not to do business.

I'm glad I didn't have all my photos in one basket and transferred copies to another basket.

I'm sure I have a few older threads with the now broken Photobucket linked photos. I can fix the links from Google Photos if someone runs across one of the threads.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I have so many images spread over many forums, many how-to picture threads on forums I haven't visited in years that I don't know where some of them are.
    Not to mention thousands of pictures posted in dozens of threads...

Ah, well, so it goes.

Interesting that the company bought PB for $250,000,000 then sold it for $60,000,000.
    That's one huge loss!

From TechCrunch:
    Lots more details are coming in on the Photobucket fire sale by MySpace/News Corp. The sale is all but complete, say new sources. And the buyer is definitely Washington state based Ontela. Ontela, a mobile photo upload and storage service, is backed by Disney’s Steamboat Ventures, among others.
    Steamboat Ventures is said to be putting $40 million or more in additional capital into Ontela. Most of that will go to News Corp., valuing Photobucket at $60 million, say multiple sources. A portion of the new funding will go into the merged entity.
    MySpace acquired Photobucket back in 2007 for $250 million, plus a $50 million earnout. This new deal marks that valuation down by almost 83%.
    MySpace won’t answer queries about this story (in fact, they seem to have cut us off completely after this slightly critical story last week). Ontela keeps sending us to voicemail.
    James

Attitude =

The difference between

Ordeal and Adventure

Sponosred Links