Forums Subforum Request?
Close

Poll: Subforum to find riding buddies

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hello folks,

I was thinking it would be nice to have a subforum with the different states as threads, then people could find riding buddies in their area. One thread per state.

What do you think?

Thank you,

Adam

If you say "Looking for riding buddies. I have beer."

....they will come
    “One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it’s still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards.”

― Edward Abbey

Beer good! After bike ride. Brew fest weekend in Boonville. Private fest at my house. Only petrol burning madness this weekend for me involves the string trimmer & mower. (Yazoo High wheel, I guess that's pretty bad ass!

Anyway, I like the sub forum idea, especially with this bunch, as I'm a low & slow kind of guy & love the scenery almost as much as the ride. m.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Hahaha I agree, a good beer or 6 after a ride goes down well.

I saw a TW at a local bar and I wanted to stop to try to find the owner. Lets do this!

I think "regional" subforums would be more practical. State events could easily be handled within regional subforums.
    KJ

2008 Yamaha TW200

2011 Kawasaki Versys

2012 Suzuki V-Strom-ADV

2013 Honda CRF250L

Ceramite this could be a nice idea. I kinda like the "regional" idea Kankujoe has proposed. It could cut down the number of subforums. Maybe send a PM to the moderators and see what they think. Possibly pinning regional subforms at the begining of the Trails, Off-Road and Adventure thread.

Good idea what ever route, which could entice riders who wouldn't mind riding with others, getting together for a rides.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

One of the things that could get things started is having at least your state in your "avatar/profile" area. For those that need help posting that info, maybe one of us could show them the way. OM
    "It's more fun going fast on a slow bike than going slow on a fast bike" UK

1994 TW200, 2009 F800GS loaded,

edit - Opps I mean one location subforum with a thread for each state inside that one subforum.

--

For me I don't think I will ever ride a few tanks of gas away to meetup with someone on my donkey, I mean Tdub. I live in Maryland, so if someone is in Pennsylvania, Delaware, Virginia or say California it doesn't make a difference to me- I will never ride that far. But I also don't like driving 2 hours to see my family in Maryland, so that maybe just me.

What if there was a subforum the regional threads could be pinned up top. Then states could float below. Regional threads could be for big club meetups, and then states for weekend rides.

I should have just said this before. I saw a TW at Rocket to Venus in Hamden Baltimore, I think it was a 2004-2005. If you happen to be on this forum let me know! That is the only other TW I have ever seen!! My wife and I were driving by when I spotted it, I just about crashed the car in excitement.

--

double edit- Omega Man - added my location, good call!

i think this is a great idea!...i agree with ceramite, regional forums with state forums under it

so did this get shot down?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links