tw200 2008
Close

Thread: tw200 2008

Hi i just purchased a tw 2008 model with 2000 km on clock, my question is what spped is a safe traveling speed!

when i say save i mean for the engine, i use it for work which is about 30km there and back, i find i get a engine knock at higher speeds, more like a ticking noise! is this normal?

I would like to travel at 100km, will this be ok for the bike! i find its gets to 100 quite easy!

i love this bike and do not want to damage it!!

regards

Wentzel (South Africa)

ps awesome Forum, i am always checking it out when i get a gap!!

Quote Originally Posted by wentzel View Post
    Hi i just purchased a tw 2008 model with 2000 km on clock, my question is what spped is a safe traveling speed!

when i say save i mean for the engine, i use it for work which is about 30km there and back, i find i get a engine knock at higher speeds, more like a ticking noise! is this normal?

I would like to travel at 100km, will this be ok for the bike! i find its gets to 100 quite easy!

regards

Wentzel (South Africa)

I ride mine almost everyday and on the interstate. I cruse at about 70 which is really about 65 but ive read that we can run these things wide open all daylong although I dont, how ever I really push it and there's no harm.
    I got granny gear haha...

When you say 65 / 70 i presume its Mph!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wentzel View Post

regards

Wentzel (South Africa)

I am on my third TW, it seems normal that they sound something like a sewing machine at times. From my own experience and everything I have read on this forum (and elsewhere) 100 km should not hurt it ... being about 62 mph.

Depending on the noise you are hearing perhaps you should have your valve adjustment checked.

A stock TW engine at wide open is about the same load on engine parts as some members of this engine family at half throttle--you can't hurt a TW. A TW will stop pulling long before the valves float, and it will float the valves long before any bottom end damage occurs.

Be sure to use a good motorcycle oil of the appropriate weight for the weather and do a complete service to make sure everything is properly adjusted, then wring your TW out. You can't hurt it.

Quote Originally Posted by brent morley View Post
    I ride mine almost everyday and on the interstate. I cruse at about 70 which is really about 65 but ive read that we can run these things wide open all daylong although I dont, how ever I really push it and there's no harm.

hey many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    A stock TW engine at wide open is about the same load on engine parts as some members of this engine family at half throttle--you can't hurt a TW. A TW will stop pulling long before the valves float, and it will float the valves long before any bottom end damage occurs.

Be sure to use a good motorcycle oil of the appropriate weight for the weather and do a complete service to make sure everything is properly adjusted, then wring your TW out. You can't hurt it.

i feel a lot better now!

have agreat weekend!

Sponosred Links