Why do you like this bike ?
Close
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Why do you like this bike ?

Since I am new here, I can only say I like the big fat tires.....I can't say what I will like about them by next year......you guys and gals can.

Please tell me what you liked first, and what keeps you riding them ?

Revolverman.
    The older I get, the more I realize it's easier to be kind in most situations.

They are cheap, reliable, very easy to work on, cheap on insurance, killer gas mileage, great road handling, traction in about every situation, can mushroom hunt off of this bike with the granny first gear, light weight, close to the ground for us smaller people and my favorite is the mods. It just seems like the mod list can go on forever with these little bikes. Did i mention that the TW is the most AWESOME motorcycle ever!

What drew me to the TW? I can't ignor the fat tire caught my attention, but it was that it was cheaper than the XT225 at the time. I've learned to like the low seat height, not so far to fall from the lower elevation. I'm also glad it's easy to work on, and goes slow so I won't kill myself as fast! Using it to explore where a jeep can't go keeps me riding it. Any my puppy can ride on the back!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

great bike, not much power (less power = more fun), fun to fly by the big pig D.P. bikes on really rough trails and fly by Harleys and Goldwings when the pavement ends, and when the trail ends, so what, get on the hiway and go farther,because it is road leagel which ATV's are not. Enjoy the fantastic gas milage. And ride into town for supplies and people say "what is it".

I agree with all of the above..........the low seat height,tires and the bikes reputation all got my attention.The bike does well on the road but excells off road!.

I followed this forum that gave me a good indicator before I bought one, googled anything and everything on the bike. I am an older person with some kick and trust me the bike lives up to it's rep. Bought a new one 3 years ago and couldn't be happier. 196cc may not seem much but trust me it's enough to get you where you're going on or off road. Respect this bike and skill level and you have a good ride.

Because it's just badass being able to go 70 mph with something that is smaller than your average 198cc push mower. =p
    2008 CRF230L

2006 CBR1000RR

2007 CB919 - 70k Miles and still runs like new!

* 2001 TW200 (Sold after 15k miles of fun)

Great exploring bike. I got it to scout out Atv riding places and being street legal was needed. Putting by big heavy Dual sports on rough trails/creek crossings is fun.......
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

I have ridden dirt bikes since 1959. Most of them were fast bikes built for thrill seeking. As I got older (68 ½) I slowed down a bit but the guys I used to ride with got really old; they got bigger TVs, more comfortable recliners and lazier. Some even had the audacity to up and die on me. So about 1 ½ years ago, after watching my last dirt bike gather dust for a couple of years, I sold it. I tell you, I grieved for my lost youth and my dirt bike ever since; But then a catharsis.

A friend of mine bought one of these fun machines(TW) in January and said he was going to be available for adventures this year. We have ridden together since 1980 but his farming got in the way of further riding in recent years. I journeyed down to his farm in Owyhee County Idaho on my Sportster and checked his new machine out. As the Admiral stated above, I found it extremely manageable, low to the ground and looked easy to work on.

I found a used one on Craigslist, bought it, brought it home and the adventures began. As I am mostly a trail rider, I soon found some mods to enhance the functionality. I put on a front tire that would bite into the corners better. It seems my old butt calluses were now softened a bit so a seat pad was in order. I built a rear rack and installed a set of hand guards. I believe the only way the skid pan could have been any lighter would have been to just spray paint the bottom of the engine with a can of alum paint. Happy Trails had just the replacement I needed. I also rebuilt the foot pegs to provide better purchase.

One of the really great benefits with this bike is the support network found on this Forum. I have found several TW riders in the SW Idaho area who are good riding partners and I have regressed from the edge of senility to have a blast again. Other friends have suggested I should act my age; I tell them that this is my age.

Happy Trails All

Ron in Boise

Quote Originally Posted by Revolverman View Post
    Since I am new here, I can only say I like the big fat tires.....I can't say what I will like about them by next year......you guys and gals can.

Please tell me what you liked first, and what keeps you riding them ?

Revolverman.
    X2 what they said !!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links