Meet and Greet for Boise, Idaho area riders
Close

We've identified about four Boise, Idaho area TW riders and will be having a "meet and greet" this Saturday (9/18) at 1:00 p.m. at Cheerleaders Sports Bar and Grill in Meridian, ID on Eagle Road. I think we've gotten the word to the folks we know about, but in case we missed someone, consider this your invitation. Ride your TW if you can, but if not, just come anyway. We'll swap some stories, enjoy some good eats, and perhaps plan a future ride.

Cheerleaders Sports Bar and Grill

Quote Originally Posted by Truelight View Post
    We've identified about four Boise, Idaho area TW riders and will be having a "meet and greet" this Saturday (9/18) at 1:00 p.m. at Cheerleaders Sports Bar and Grill in Meridian, ID on Eagle Road. I think we've gotten the word to the folks we know about, but in case we missed someone, consider this your invitation. Ride your TW if you can, but if not, just come anyway. We'll swap some stories, enjoy some good eats, and perhaps plan a future ride.

Cheerleaders Sports Bar and Grill

I plan on it, might bring an XL250 rider if that is kosher.

...might bring an XL250 rider if that is kosher.

A Honda rider??!! Well...ok, perhaps we can convert 'em.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the Invite. I am taking the family camping this weekend but if

you get a ride together I'd be interested.

I am going to try all I can to make this one but my dumped a whole pile of chores for this weekend. If I am not there on the bike, I am going to try to plan one or two of my tasks to be in the area with the car and at least say hello.

Well, Admiral and I had a nice visit. Too bad you other guys couldn't make it. Let us know when/where you'd like to try again.

Truelight,

I'm glad I made it and to see you are doing well. I wish I could have spent more time, but had to work. I know everbody has busy schedules, plus the BSU game tonight, but I hope we can get more of us together next time.

To anyone who reads this, truelights recent motorcycle jacket purchase sure looks like money VERY WELL spent. Plus you got it so cheap. I'll have to keep and eye on one of these. I really liked the removable liner (which you had removed), and that it appears to have plenty of ventilation. I know you mentioned your cargo carrier on the back of the TW in another post, but wanted to mention I like that it has a backrest for a passenger.

Everyone take care and ride recklessly without regard to anyone else! (Just kidding)!

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Truelight,

I'm glad I made it and to see you are doing well. I wish I could have spent more time, but had to work. I know everbody has busy schedules, plus the BSU game tonight, but I hope we can get more of us together next time.

To anyone who reads this, truelights recent motorcycle jacket purchase sure looks like money VERY WELL spent. Plus you got it so cheap. I'll have to keep and eye on one of these. I really liked the removable liner (which you had removed), and that it appears to have plenty of ventilation. I know you mentioned your cargo carrier on the back of the TW in another post, but wanted to mention I like that it has a backrest for a passenger.

Everyone take care and ride recklessly without regard to anyone else! (Just kidding)!

I know some of the other forum members had discussed this jacket, it is the Motoboss available through Cycle Gear (reg. $139.00, on sale for $69.99). I really like the look and design. With the inner liner zipped out, the mesh gives remarkable ventilation and keeps you cool. Even at low speeds, you get great airflow. Zip in the liner, and now it's instantly much warmer (and supposedly water resistant too, though I really don't intend to do much riding in the rain.

Too bad we missed you other Idaho riders. Anyone want to set up another date/place for a get-together - "take-two?"

I know, I suck, I was even over that way coming back from SRY around that time but I have the munchkin with me and she needed to get back home.

I did find out one thing though, why I was always in 3rd by the other side of the intersection even after dropping to a 45 on the rear. While at SRY, I picked up a 15 for the front, the gasket, filter, and oil. They even had it ALL in stock! Kudos to them! Anyway, I get it all apart...who the heck puts a 12 tooth sprocket on a TW? Really? Didn't even know they made them so small. Got the bike back together today, I can now do 60 down the Connector, WOO HOO! (hmmm, must get the wheels balanced) Roll along at 40 in 4th through town. It is like a whole new bike! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    I know, I suck, I was even over that way coming back from SRY around that time but I have the munchkin with me and she needed to get back home.

I did find out one thing though, why I was always in 3rd by the other side of the intersection even after dropping to a 45 on the rear. While at SRY, I picked up a 15 for the front, the gasket, filter, and oil. They even had it ALL in stock! Kudos to them! Anyway, I get it all apart...who the heck puts a 12 tooth sprocket on a TW? Really? Didn't even know they made them so small. Got the bike back together today, I can now do 60 down the Connector, WOO HOO! (hmmm, must get the wheels balanced) Roll along at 40 in 4th through town. It is like a whole new bike! LOL

A 12 tooth sprocket for the front? I'd bet that bike could climb a tree!! For street riding you're right, that would be crazy. I run a 15/47 and am pretty happy with it, but am usually in third in no time. Anything from 35 and up I can usually be in 5th.

Lemme know if you wanna get a burger one day and we'll try and meet somewhere.

Sponosred Links