TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

This Just In !!! T-Dubs save horse !!

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Bagger 
#1 ·
This just in the TW Wire service, a horse lost this morning deep in Hunt canyon was discovered and lead to safety by a TW !!!!

Rosco, an 11 year old Bay Gelding, spooked away from his rider when the rider was shooting at a coyote with his sidearm. The cowboys dog, seeing a little sport to be had, took off after the horse which quickly vanished into the thick cover of oak trees and underbrush.

Oliver Pimms, the owner of the horse was very concerned because the horse was saddled and bridled and was trailing the rains . . .

The search had been going on for two hours when the rescuers, Bagger and Mrs. Bagger, happened by on their TW motorcycles. Being outstanding citizens (as evidenced by their bike choice) they immediately joined the search.

After two hours, Mrs. Bagger had to withdraw as she was late getting on the road for work. Bagger returned to the family ranch with her, got her on the road, stuffed some cold drinks in his backpac and returned to the search.

Shortly after returning to the area where the trucks were parked (there were now several trucks as many neighbors came to help) Bagger decided to re-search the area near the trucks.

This area was very think oak and scrub, but being the phenomenal rider that he was,(
)he managed to penetrate the thick foliage and make it look effortless while he only piled it up twice!

Shortly after barely surviving a creek crossing in deep, deep deep mud and nearly tearing his head off on some barb wire strung 5 feet off the ground
which did cut off his helmet visor (!) he stopped to try and plot an escape route and . . . there stood the horse. (not looking impressed with Bagger's riding skills)

Our hero parked his bike, calmed the raging beast down (woke it up and patted it's neck) and lead it through miles and miles (150 yards) of nasty, thick impenetrable horse eating vegetation and back to the safety of it's owners trailer.

Phone calls were made, searchers recalled.

Our (handsome!) hero retrieved his bike and returned to the trucks amid the adulation from all the cowboys present! They were all amazed by the abilities of the motorcycle (because they had seen Bagger on a horse and knew the bike MUST be easy to ride!!)

After many 'Huzza's! and being carried around on their shoulders our hero returned to civilization just in time to be called into work to save 75 young people from freezing to death! (had to fix the hot water heater in dorm 3)

Anyway, it was a great cap to the Reservation Ron Dee Voo weekend. And it was nice to be able to promote a great bike, and the importance of being a good neighbor.

Bag

See less See more
#2 ·
You are the man! Now I can tell everyone I know Bagger, the superhero of White Swan!

Excellent write up. I chuckled the entire time reading it. You guys had trouble finding a horse, try finding a playing card!

Good job.

#4 ·
Hurrah for Bagger! Hurrah

Hurrah! what comes around goes around

#5 ·
Very nice! and a great write-up. It's nice to be in an area where help is welcomed/appreciated. Around here it turns into an Al Haigh "I'm in charge/Baby Ruth in the swimmin' pool" kinda deal. OM

#6 ·
Someone should educate poor Rosco's rider on the first postulate of mounted marksmanship.

To wit:

You can shoot off the back of ANY horse.

Once.

#7 ·
Too true ! I hope his aim is better than his decision making, I would hate to have to make a field repair on my gas tank, or my head, if mistaken for a coyote!

Roscoe seemed bored by the whole incident . . . probably not the first time he decided to get to a safe distance !

Bag

#8 ·
Cool! Great story, you should give up plumbing/building maintenance and take up writing. I'm glad the barbwire wasn't a few inches lower! I would also like to point out you can shoot off the back of any TW no problem, or you can get off and shoot without the TW running away!

#10 ·
And they don't eat when they're parked

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.