total noob hello
Close

hey everyone

thought I would say hello. Got my first motorcycle last month have put a little over 700km on her since. I'm a self taught rider have to say. Though I have been driving cars etc for 35yrs now. I get a lot of looks when I ride her to work and so on. I got to admit maybe it's a mid life crisis thing getting on a motorcycle but who cares. All I know is I feel good when I ride it

I actually made it thru 3 other mud bogs before I hit this one and got real stuck...guess a little over confident.

pics from a Sunday afternoon ride in the country

Welcome, beautiful bike and country !

You really got it stuck, how did you get it out ?

Revolverman.
    The older I get, the more I realize it's easier to be kind in most situations.

thanks! haha at this point of the off roading my friend and I who was riding an atv (rear wheel drive only) had gotten ourselves stuck several times several other places.. That freaking atv of his is heavy to get out of mud bogs! Anyway in the pic we had really nothing left. So after about 30 minutes of heavy breathing, lifting sinking in the mud as we lifted etc my brain actually started to function and we used a tow strap around the front tire and pulled it out by hand that way.

To tell ya the truth I prefer dry trails than mud. We had never been out this way before and decided to try it out. I got a trillion looks on the ride home that day on the pavement. The TW (Tina) and I were absolutely covered in mud. It was a hot sunny day and Im pretty sure people were wondering where the heck I came from.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That is great !! I've done that before. I did find out however it's much more fun to do like you said and stay on the dry dirt. Just make sure and check your oil for water good.....no big deal and you probably won't ever see it but if you check it will pay off.

Good looking bike.

Revolverman.
    The older I get, the more I realize it's easier to be kind in most situations.

thanks for the tip!

I did change the oil and filter after this trip. With the help of the info on this forum as well!

Sponosred Links