TWs I'm seeing in Japan
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: TWs I'm seeing in Japan

In Tokyo for 10 days on business. Seeing lots of crazy bikes, but thought I'd document the TWs here. Enjoy!

Check out my custom TW200 build Hidden Content .

TTR225 SS header, FMF Turbine Core 2 pipe, EK o-ring chain, 15T front sprocket, 50T rear sprocket, 20W fork oil, Drag Specialities speedometer, Victory Vegas headlight, Acerbis universal supermoto front fender, Vintage Yamaha chrome gas cap, Integrated LED rear tail/turn/brake light, Yamaha Blaster shock, Pro Taper SE ATV High handlebar, Western Powersports off-road handguards, Pro Taper Pillow Top Lite grips, Over-sized foot pegs, Maxxis 6006 front tire, seat cover from eBay seller mac32756.

Catamount, I don't think I have heard anything from you in a while.. Your pictures reminded me of the phrase, "when in Rome, do as the Romans" or something like that. When I see Japanese mods, they are 'always' street oriented. Certainly make sense when I think of the country.

Don't want to pry into your 'personal stuff', but if you feel comfortable, what kind of job brought you to Japan. It is good to know you are still moving about. Take care. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Me likie the purple one. (o;. 15 years ago while in japan I noticed all kinds of white cars and bikes... Is it still that way? OMM

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I thought you guys would be interested in the one with the extended swingarm because it is using a REALLY different looking shock. Any ideas as to what that is? Maybe some ideas for the "shock thread".

Quote Originally Posted by mrgizmow View Post
    Don't want to pry into your 'personal stuff', but if you feel comfortable, what kind of job brought you to Japan. It is good to know you are still moving about. Take care. Gerry

Hi Gerry! I'm a software developer. The company I work for had some work required at our Tokyo outpost so I am enjoying all of the bikes, food, and culture here for a little while. Actually renting a bike later this week and hope to get some riding in! I will post a link to those pictures if it actually happens.
    BillPacific likes this.

TTR225 SS header, FMF Turbine Core 2 pipe, EK o-ring chain, 15T front sprocket, 50T rear sprocket, 20W fork oil, Drag Specialities speedometer, Victory Vegas headlight, Acerbis universal supermoto front fender, Vintage Yamaha chrome gas cap, Integrated LED rear tail/turn/brake light, Yamaha Blaster shock, Pro Taper SE ATV High handlebar, Western Powersports off-road handguards, Pro Taper Pillow Top Lite grips, Over-sized foot pegs, Maxxis 6006 front tire, seat cover from eBay seller mac32756.

That "shock" is a rigid strut. Appears to be made from a joist jack.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    That "shock" is a rigid strut. Appears to be made from a joist jack.

Nope its just adjustable rigid strut. I got a couple of books but never posted any of them. It looks cool but your lower back will argue different

Didn't see this one with my own eyes, but this is one of the wackiest I've seen yet.

Like the shifter, not so sure about the front brake and cable setup. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Quote Originally Posted by mrgizmow View Post
    Like the shifter, not so sure about the front brake and cable setup. Gerry

I'm not so fond of it either. Looks like a "linked brake" setup. It would appear that the rear brake pedal also actuates the front brake. That's kind of scary and would take constant adjustment to make it 'right'.
    GapRunr

Current bikes TW200 * R1200GS ADV * R80g/s * KLR250 Miami Vice Edition * Hawk GT - For sale!

It's a practical casualty of the suicide shifter. If you've ever ridden with one, they're a blast. For about the first 12 seconds.

Linking the brakes means you'll be slightly less "busy" when panic downshifting. Having one hand on the bars while squeezing the brake tends to lead to involuntary left turns.

Purple likes this.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links