TW Break-In
Close

Thread: TW Break-In

First off I would just like to say that this forum greatly adds to the value of these bikes....I have a 2012 TW with arround 350 miles on it. Lately I have been comuting to work via Tdub. My trip from home to work consists of 3 miles of back roads(25-45mph) and 4 miles of highway(55-60mph). Does anyone feel that this trip iis too much during the breakin period. Also the bike seems to have alot of top-end noise at higher rpms in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gears is this normal or will it go away with my first service and valve adjustment? Thanks alot, Josh

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey Whistle View Post
    First off I would just like to say that this forum greatly adds to the value of these bikes....I have a 2012 TW with arround 350 miles on it. Lately I have been comuting to work via Tdub. My trip from home to work consists of 3 miles of back roads(25-45mph) and 4 miles of highway(55-60mph). Does anyone feel that this trip iis too much during the breakin period. Also the bike seems to have alot of top-end noise at higher rpms in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gears is this normal or will it go away with my first service and valve adjustment? Thanks alot, Josh

I also have a 2012, 700 miles, and i have a commute very similar to yours. Mine is 8 miles one way. I think you are fine based on my experience. My bike got noticably quieter right around 600 miles. I was just riding along at highway speed, and thought "that sure is a fine sounding engine. it really sounds great now!" I took it to the dealer for the oil change and valve adjust, but it didn't sound any different after that. Please see the topic "don't baby your tdub" or something like that. I really didn't follow the manual on break in after the first 200 miles or so.

dan

I left the place I got mine from on one tire. My Dad has one that he babied and it doesn't have the same amount of balls as mine. His is a year newer but it drives him nuts that mine seem's to have more power. Break it in like your going to ride it.

Sponosred Links