TW200 Tank Bag Thoughts
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm getting a little tired of strapping my lunchbox to the back every morning, and I don't have a rack to mount a trunk box to yet, so I was thinking a tank bang that I could just stuff a sandwich into would be a good solution.

Does anyone have experience with a tank bag on a TW? I've seen some for sale that are marketed for dual sport and enduro bikes.

Any recommendations or reviews would be greatly appreciated!
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

Quote Originally Posted by DonBenito View Post
    I'm getting a little tired of strapping my lunchbox to the back every morning, and I don't have a rack to mount a trunk box to yet, so I was thinking a tank bang that I could just stuff a sandwich into would be a good solution.

Does anyone have experience with a tank bag on a TW? I've seen some for sale that are marketed for dual sport and enduro bikes.

i've got a magnetic joe rocket one that works well.

I use the Wolfman Enduro Tank Bags http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/Tank/enduro_tank.html and the Dirt Bagz panniers. http://www.dbzproducts.com/. Neither inexpensive, but good design and fit. Both work well. This makes my TW a real grocery getter as well as a good day trip bike as I can pack extra clothes for riding up high, etc.
    1987 TW200

2000 Yamaha XT350

2005 Yamaha Majesty

2009 Honda Ruckus

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Got mine from walmart.Its for a atv but works great.

Quote Originally Posted by DonBenito View Post

I use this one, which is really well thought out and designed. Also have some River Road expandable bags I sometimes use on the rack.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...-Tank-Bag.aspx

here it is on my last bike (have a new one now)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wideeye...in/photostream

Not sure where I bought it, didn't pay $85 though I don't think. It also works OK on my Suzuki VS1400

I use the Quadboss XT Tank Saddlebag Organizer.

Available on Amazon for $49

The straps are adjustable--------I fit it to my TW gas tank and cut off the extra strapping and it looks like it was made for the bike.

Comes with a removable center mounted map or electronics pouch, plus the right side compartment has an interior padded pistol pocket

Small backpack. Possibles bag. Haversack. Belt bag. I have several left over from being married, you know, when I had a reason to get away from the house and go walk through the woods killing Bambi and Thumper and such. Any can be had with fringe and/or hearts if you bought into the lifestyle one or both lifestlyes.

Just like a small lunch bag?

Something like this may qork.. I just picked it up for the wifes quad.. I can throw it on a TW in the next day or two and take a picture if needed.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...TANK+BAG+BLACK

Cant beat $17.

When I got my TW, my friend gave me a Bilt medium size tank bag from Cycle Gear. Because it was too big to use on the TW tank, I mounted it backwards on the top of my rear rack. Backwards makes it higher at the back than at the front and the zippers close to the front of the bag, keeping me from riding with the top flopping open and not knowing about it. Since the bag was soft sided, I had to smash it down to keep in in place.

Eventually, I cut the bottoms out of two 2.5 gallon plastic containers <cat litter> angling the sides to match the side profile of the bag, and just jammed them into the bag (fit like a glove), which created TWO hard plastic lined compartments while stiffening the sides of the bag. With the plastic in place the bag now looks and acts like a piece of luggage.

I carry my loose stuff (MP3 player, camera, hat, earphones, air gauge, 3 way spin-tight, cotton gloves, etc,) in the front compartment. Then I discovered that one of the plastic bottoms fit perfectly into a soft "foam-lined style" lunch bag / sack / box (the kind with soft handles) so I now use the back compartment as a cooler. I drop in a frozen ice bag, two bottles of water, a couple of frozen Uncrustables (pre-made PB&J sandwiches) plus two granola bars (the handles on the foam lunch bag fold over to insulate the top of the compartment). I close the cover, strap it down, and off I go for a days afternoon ride. The plastic container liner even protects the bag from any condensation, and that back section doubles my "carrying space" when not in use as a cooler!

The stiffened bag is easier to secure to the rack, and its visible top window is readily available for small or flat items. Once filled and the top zipped closed, I simply use a 2" wide velcro strap over the top that keeps the bag from moving or wiggling very much. Plus the velcro strap makes it a breeze to get in and out of bag. The bag had some wear on it from rubbing on the rack and moving, but once stiffened and strapped in place, no new wear has showed up. Nicest aspect is that the bag looks natural on the bike and doesn't interfere with swinging my leg over the saddle.

I know. More than you wanted to know.
    Huntsville, Alabama - Have TW, Will Ride! All White 09 TW, D2Moto Pegs, Bridgestone 302 front tire, 2" higher bars, 3/4" fork preload spacer, 5wt Honda fork oil, 135mm fork oil level, exhaust tip mod, 2.5 turns out fuel mixture, 0.060 in needle shims, 130 main jet, 14/47 sprockets, 20w-50 Valvoline MC full synthetic oil, ImmixRacing rear rack, Bilt Bag on Rack, 1" front fender spacers, Battery Tender connections on new battery (installed 12/11), Coleman ATV seat cushion, 2 Agri Supply tool tubes, 30oz MSR Fuel Bottle, auxiliary 6 LED tail light, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra H4 headlight bulb, 2357 turn signals, and Superbright's 1157 LED Motorcycle Tail Light Bulb with 19 red & 6 white LEDs. Shortened rear turn signals. Bypassed kickstand switch.

Plus a "new to me" 1995 Yamaha Virago XV 750G for Pavement Purposes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snake2715 View Post
    Just like a small lunch bag?

Something like this may qork.. I just picked it up for the wifes quad.. I can throw it on a TW in the next day or two and take a picture if needed.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...TANK+BAG+BLACK

Cant beat $17.

Do the tusk bags attach to the bottom of the tank? The Coleman bags from walmart have velcro on the bottom, but it's not a good solution for thr Clarke tanks as the velcro peels off and the bags will swing all over the place. I do like the bags (10.88) from Walmart, but I think a retaining strap needs to added.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links