More Newbie Help - clamp on foot pegs
Close

Looks like I'm getting the 2006 TW with 1300 miles on it, for 2500. Thanks for all the help. Main reason I'm jumping on this is the wife wants to learn how to ride. In any event, the seller has a luggage rack on it, said to be made by some guy/company named Jimbo, which is a name I have read on here. Only issue is, the rack attaches where the rear foot pegs attach, and the bike no longer has rear pegs. I need some. Are there manufactured clamp on type pegs that I can place on the frame of the rack? Rear foot pegs are a must. Thanks for the help and steer into the right direction!

Quote Originally Posted by OCMD View Post
    Looks like I'm getting the 2006 TW with 1300 miles on it, for 2500. Thanks for all the help. Main reason I'm jumping on this is the wife wants to learn how to ride. In any event, the seller has a luggage rack on it, said to be made by some guy/company named Jimbo, which is a name I have read on here. Only issue is, the rack attaches where the rear foot pegs attach, and the bike no longer has rear pegs. I need some. Are there manufactured clamp on type pegs that I can place on the frame of the rack? Rear foot pegs are a must. Thanks for the help and steer into the right direction!

I don't know about any clamp on pegs. My tw was missing the rear pegs found a complete set on ebay. I think all years are the same. I have a cycle racks rear rack it uses the same bolt as the rear peg brackets. you should be able to have the rear pegs and the rack the bolt will go thru both.

There are add on footpegs for atvs which may work. Not sure of your tubing diameters but worth checking out. I have added a link which I hope works, if not check out Royal distributing in Canada and query Atv footpegs or atv fender protectors. Good luck. http://www.royaldist...10/#/222/zoomed

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Be very careful as is possible for the clamp to slip and injury will result.

OC, I don't think you will have much trouble finding some take off rear pegs. (its a whole assembly) Personally, that's all I would do.

Too much riding on the pegs to cobble something together.

Not familiar with Jimbo's rack, but if it's built like the rest of his goodies, it's bad ass. And worth keeping. You shouldn't have any issues with the rear pegs/rack combo.

Cyclerack sends longer bolts to allow their rack to be mounted with the rear pegs. The PO probably didn't have the longer bolts and just removed the rear pegs to facilitate mounting the rack . . . how unproffesional !!

QUIET BRIAN !!!!

Bag
    "The TW may be slow, but the Earth is patient" - MK

"If I'm wrong, and it turns out that you hate it, I'll send you all my Barry Manilow albums." LB

Hidden Content

I'm curios about this "jimbo" rack. Is it possible that you just have a jimbo shield and a cyclerack? That is what a lot of us have.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by OCMD View Post

Contact KJ he has lots of parts for sale and I'm sure he has the rear pegs you need.

https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...arts-for-sale/

A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

Sponosred Links