TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Dumb Dan Day

2K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  Badgerflorida 
#1 ·
Every so often, like it or not, I celebrate "Dumb Dan Day". My most recent celebration occurred while replacing the side cover on Sue's bike after installing new chain and sprockets. With the loss of my vision in my right eye, I didn't notice that I had pinched all the wires in two while reinstalling the side cover. Happy DDD in the highest! Oh well, better Sue's bike then mine. Sue I suspect is starting to realize ( hahahaha this cracks me up") that I practice mechanics on her bike before I work on my bike. I mean come on, ladies first and all. Ha

So what does Sue do about it? She tells Little Tommy about it. Boo hoo, cry me a river! LittleTommy tells Sue to take it to a qualified mechanic. I will admit that LittleTommy is right, but guess what? I will be that mechanic. This is going to hurt like the big dog, but I'm going to do it! Sue is scared as she should be. Full speed ahead!

First thing I need to do is get on U-Tube and discover how to solder. When I was a kid we had old men around to ask how to do things, today it's U-Tube. I soon had a shopping list which consisted of a soldering iron, solder, and shrink tubing, $20. I can do this. I do some practicing. Solder a wire, burn a finger, solder a wire burn a finger, burn a finger, solder a wire. I have 14 wires to solder And only ten fingers and two of them are already burnt. Not looking good. After some more practice I got pretty good at not burning my self, that sure felt good! Sue said "why didn't you wear gloves"? In my defense the guy on U-Tube wasn't wearing gloves. Next time I will. Kinda takes the fun out of Dumb Dan Day.

I completed soldering all the wires together and replaced the side cover, careful not to pinch the wires, and tightened everything up. The time has finally come for Sue to start her bike, the suspense was high, expectations were low. She turns the key and ---------------- it starts. Happy days are here again. The sky's above are clear again. So let's sing a song of cheer again. Happy days are here again. Sue is so proud of me. I'm the man uh huh I'm the man. If you want to make a move on a women, don't wine and dine her, fix her bike! Haha. Dirts a Flyen SanDue. :rolleyes::D

See less See more
#4 ·
Ha Ha Ha Ha!!! Good Job Dan!! :hatsoff:

Sue's on the roll again!! :happy6: Go Girl Go!! :eek:nthego: :p

Love you guys!! :D

#8 ·
Dan's the MAN! Welcome to the one eye club (right eye too). Awesome now you learned a new skill(soldering) the cost of becoming a mechanic.

#9 ·
Well Dan, if it makes you feel any better, my dad has made it to 91 years without his right eye.
Doctor said oops, handling forceps during his birth.
Guess not many malpractice suits in 1926.

He learned to shoot left handed, etc.
Still hard on peripheral vision.

I received many a counsel on eye protection.

Congrats on the successful repairs!

#11 ·
Old w/ Guns and Girls ------------ your probably notmaybe correct. It would serve me right. Sue, discovering that her bike has been used for practice, wants to switch bikes with me. I reminded her that her bike was faster. She replied something about Bike Belly slowing down my bike. I told her that she was telling me that Bike Belly is slower then Bike Butt. I'm sure one of us will make Fred's October freeze your ass off ride. Ha. Dirts a Flyen SanDue:rolleyes::D

#12 ·
Dan; Of course I was just pulling your leg. Trying to get even for you breaking my heart (or stomach) at Jomama's ride last year.

You posted that whoever told the best "naked Gerry" story would get a reward of Sue's pie. So I modified and told my best joke to include Gerry; and then at camp; found out you had not told Sue about your post - and she didn't bring any pie at all (let alone her famous fabulous PEACH) (as raved about by littletommy).

So I was just hoping you would tell her to go check that; and end up with egg (not pie) on your face!!!

ps that comment to Sue about bike butt may end up getting you "frying pan head".....

#13 ·
You've got to try her homemade salsa and homemade jam too!!! I did!! :p;) But the Peach Pie....O my gosh!!!

***sorry you missed out... hehe :laughing7: (more for me) :p

#15 · (Edited)
Pie is good! Just finished attacking one of the wife's fresh blueberry with double lime zest and cinnamon pies. Just might have to bring one to October's chilly ride if it will lure Sandue away from their 110+ degree sauna.

Won’t be still hot fresh out of the oven so it will not melt a la mode vanilla ice-cream.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

#16 ·
Sue is so proud of me. I'm the man uh huh I'm the man. If you want to make a move on a women, don't wine and dine her, fix her bike! Haha. Dirts a Flyen SanDue. :rolleyes::D[/QUOTE]

So, buying her a bike ain't good enough? You gotta fix it too?

I better get crackin if I want to be "the man".

Attachments

#18 ·
I bet Sue and Lori think this all the time...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.