Dumb Dan Day
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Dumb Dan Day

Dumb Dan Day

Every so often, like it or not, I celebrate "Dumb Dan Day". My most recent celebration occurred while replacing the side cover on Sue's bike after installing new chain and sprockets. With the loss of my vision in my right eye, I didn't notice that I had pinched all the wires in two while reinstalling the side cover. Happy DDD in the highest! Oh well, better Sue's bike then mine. Sue I suspect is starting to realize ( hahahaha this cracks me up") that I practice mechanics on her bike before I work on my bike. I mean come on, ladies first and all. Ha

So what does Sue do about it? She tells Little Tommy about it. Boo hoo, cry me a river! LittleTommy tells Sue to take it to a qualified mechanic. I will admit that LittleTommy is right, but guess what? I will be that mechanic. This is going to hurt like the big dog, but I'm going to do it! Sue is scared as she should be. Full speed ahead!

First thing I need to do is get on U-Tube and discover how to solder. When I was a kid we had old men around to ask how to do things, today it's U-Tube. I soon had a shopping list which consisted of a soldering iron, solder, and shrink tubing, $20. I can do this. I do some practicing. Solder a wire, burn a finger, solder a wire burn a finger, burn a finger, solder a wire. I have 14 wires to solder And only ten fingers and two of them are already burnt. Not looking good. After some more practice I got pretty good at not burning my self, that sure felt good! Sue said "why didn't you wear gloves"? In my defense the guy on U-Tube wasn't wearing gloves. Next time I will. Kinda takes the fun out of Dumb Dan Day.

I completed soldering all the wires together and replaced the side cover, careful not to pinch the wires, and tightened everything up. The time has finally come for Sue to start her bike, the suspense was high, expectations were low. She turns the key and ---------------- it starts. Happy days are here again. The sky's above are clear again. So let's sing a song of cheer again. Happy days are here again. Sue is so proud of me. I'm the man uh huh I'm the man. If you want to make a move on a women, don't wine and dine her, fix her bike! Haha. Dirts a Flyen SanDue.
    Fred, littletommy, Mel and 19 others like this.

Never doubted for a moment that you could do it.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    littletommy, SanDue, Ken and 1 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Mel
    You might as well tell the World Dan, so Sue and Little Tommie don't blow it all out of proportion!!!!!!
    Mel
    littletommy, Ken, SanDue and 1 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Ha Ha Ha Ha!!! Good Job Dan!!

Sue's on the roll again!! Go Girl Go!!

Love you guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by SanDue View Post
    Every so often, like it or not, I celebrate "Dumb Dan Day". My most recent celebration occurred while replacing the side cover on Sue's bike after installing new chain and sprockets. With the loss of my vision in my right eye, I didn't notice that I had pinched all the wires in two while reinstalling the side cover. Happy DDD in the highest! Oh well, better Sue's bike then mine. Sue I suspect is starting to realize ( hahahaha this cracks me up") that I practice mechanics on her bike before I work on my bike. I mean come on, ladies first and all. Ha

So what does Sue do about it? She tells Little Tommy about it. Boo hoo, cry me a river! LittleTommy tells Sue to take it to a qualified mechanic. I will admit that LittleTommy is right, but guess what? I will be that mechanic. This is going to hurt like the big dog, but I'm going to do it! Sue is scared as she should be. Full speed ahead!

First thing I need to do is get on U-Tube and discover how to solder. When I was a kid we had old men around to ask how to do things, today it's U-Tube. I soon had a shopping list which consisted of a soldering iron, solder, and shrink tubing, $20. I can do this. I do some practicing. Solder a wire, burn a finger, solder a wire burn a finger, burn a finger, solder a wire. I have 14 wires to solder And only ten fingers and two of them are already burnt. Not looking good. After some more practice I got pretty good at not burning my self, that sure felt good! Sue said "why didn't you wear gloves"? In my defense the guy on U-Tube wasn't wearing gloves. Next time I will. Kinda takes the fun out of Dumb Dan Day.

I completed soldering all the wires together and replaced the side cover, careful not to pinch the wires, and tightened everything up. The time has finally come for Sue to start her bike, the suspense was high, expectations were low. She turns the key and ---------------- it starts. Happy days are here again. The sky's above are clear again. So let's sing a song of cheer again. Happy days are here again. Sue is so proud of me. I'm the man uh huh I'm the man. If you want to make a move on a women, don't wine and dine her, fix her bike! Haha. Dirts a Flyen SanDue.
    Tweaker, SanDue, Ken and 1 others like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I was thinking about going to a 15 tooth front sprocket, just out of curiosity....
    Now I think I'll just leave it be....
    littletommy, Ken, SanDue and 1 others like this.
    "Cycles is a mean toy lady" Halsy Knox

Most excellent post! Sounds like mistakes somebody very close to me would make. (Yeah that would be me myself and I) lol Thanks for the laugh.
    #GYG

'13 TW200

A.T.

Just do not look into the laser with the remaining eye.
    littletommy, SanDue, Ken and 1 others like this.
    Phelonius

Dan's the MAN! Welcome to the one eye club (right eye too). Awesome now you learned a new skill(soldering) the cost of becoming a mechanic.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Well Dan, if it makes you feel any better, my dad has made it to 91 years without his right eye.
    Doctor said oops, handling forceps during his birth.
    Guess not many malpractice suits in 1926.

He learned to shoot left handed, etc.
    Still hard on peripheral vision.

I received many a counsel on eye protection.

Congrats on the successful repairs!
    littletommy, SanDue, Fred and 3 others like this.
    2014 Honda CB1100
    2018 Yamaha XT250
    2016 Moto Guzzi V7 II
    2017 Yamaha TW200
    2012 Triumph Bonneville
    2002 H-D Sportster 1200 Sport
    2003 H-D Sportster 883
    1976 Honda CB750F
    1975 Honda CB360
    1970 Yamaha CT1
    1972 Yamaha CT2
    1972 Yamaha AT2/CT2
    1970 Honda SL350
    1970 Honda CL350
    1967 Honda CL160
    1967 Honda CB160
    1962 Honda CA110

But Dan; did Sue actually ride the bike? If you didn't match the wires correctly to their proper mate - the motor will start, but it will be running backwards!
    littletommy, Ken, grewen and 3 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links