Nice place for lunch. . . OH NO!
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I did some more exploring up Granite Hill road again today after work and had a nice little dinner on the trail, fried ravioli and a strawberry Crush. Was yummy. Here are a few pics. After returning home, I got to washing her down (ran into a little mud) and saw that my lil' T-dub doesn't even have the factory skid plate! OH NO! from what I've seen the TCI is the one to get, but how am I going to get Anne to agree? I love riding trails and know that a skid plate is a MUST HAVE. Any Suggestions?

Hidden Content

1987 Honda FatCat: Custom metalRear fender, aftermarket lights, wood-accented dash
    2011 Yamaha TW200: Jimbo SHeild, Handguards, Factory rack, Hot Wheels barpad
    2013 Kawasaki Brute Force 300: Cleaned of spash graphics, Roll-over scratch accents intact : )B

If you want a factory skid plate I have one for you. It needs to be cleaned but the price is right. And maybe, and it is a big maybe, I might have a bolt for you too. It is all a matter of finding it.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

If you need to convince someone, just compare the price to a new set of cases, seals, bearings, etc. then realize that you've still saved a lot of manhours in transplanting whatever survives a big rock into your new shell, versus the 15 minutes max to put the new plate on.

Truthfully, the Ricochet plate isn't a bad item by any means, and they're both lightyears ahead of the stocker. If you need one now and don't wanna pay the bigger money, get a Ricochet. If you're doing any sort of trail riding, try to keep the stock one out of your mind as an option.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    If you want a factory skid plate I have one for you. It needs to be cleaned but the price is right. And maybe, and it is a big maybe, I might have a bolt for you too. It is all a matter of finding it.

I have the one off my 06 that your welcome to as well. I wonder if you could stack the two together for additional strength? All it would cost is shipping Tony and I are in N. Calif. Gerry

Take care my Friend.........

Four of those babies (I'll throw in two more oem skid plates) separated by washer spacers and filled with aerosol foam would be pretty unique in the modified game and could provide substantial protection. Seriously, I had an old heavy plastic bedliner from a pickup that I contemplated trying to use as a skid plate - its super tough and has ridges and valleys for strength. Alas another uncompleted project resting on nothing more than a good idea and a desire to use something to keep it out of the garbage dump. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

I believe that the only way a factory skid plate could be any less useful is if you just spray the bottom of the engine with alum. paint.

I replaced my factory illusion with a Happy Trails one and have hit a couple of rocks that stopped me dead with it. My friend Larry has the same skid plate as I and he hit a rock hard enough that he achieved a 7 out of 10 dismount. Not any damage to either bike though.

I would sure recommend a replacement prior to having to replace a case.

Happy Trails All

Ron in Boise

P.S. I took my TW to the Yamaha shop yesterday. It is making a terrible noise after my bridge launch. The Head Tech listened to it and said it sounded like I may have seized the piston when the bike reved in an inverted position. Looks like I will be out of the mtns for a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the quick responses guys! we have a LOT of expenses coming p wit children visiting and family reunion trips, so I would like to try the "factory X 4 option" if I could. I will be glad to pay shipping costs, shall I mail a check? I will PM you individually. Thanks again, you guys are GREAT! Bryan Murphy
    Hidden Content

1987 Honda FatCat: Custom metalRear fender, aftermarket lights, wood-accented dash
    2013 Kawasaki Brute Force 300: Cleaned of spash graphics, Roll-over scratch accents intact : )B

Quote Originally Posted by peruano View Post
    Four of those babies (I'll throw in two more oem skid plates) separated by washer spacers and filled with aerosol foam would be pretty unique in the modified game and could provide substantial protection. Seriously, I had an old heavy plastic bedliner from a pickup that I contemplated trying to use as a skid plate - its super tough and has ridges and valleys for strength. Alas another uncompleted project resting on nothing more than a good idea and a desire to use something to keep it out of the garbage dump. Tom

I was unable to PM you, but would like to take you up on your offer! here is my email: [email protected] please contact me! Thanks! Bryan
    Hidden Content

If you order through ricochet i think you can get 10% off with "atvmag" as a promo code.

I think for what you'll be paying for shipping you'd be better off just buying the ricochet. Once you put it on (10 min ) you won't look back.

Remember: You don't have to remove the OEM plate.
    1998 HD FLHTC

2004 TW200

2004 TW200

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links