Seat Concepts
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Seat Concepts

I would like to hear how you all that purchased the seat feel now. I'm thinking of ordering. I rode 50miles yesterday and my tailbone hurts so bad that it hunts to sit down. Anyone try replacing the stock foam with memory foam?
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

I haven't tried the memory foam, but I am looking at drilling 'cones' in my exsisting foam. Have you tried that?

Bag
    "The TW may be slow, but the Earth is patient" - MK

"If I'm wrong, and it turns out that you hate it, I'll send you all my Barry Manilow albums." LB

Hidden Content

I bought the seat concepts seat. I have put 4500 miles on it and I love it. I have the Clarke TW200 gas tank and I run out of gas before any discomfort from the seat. The gripper top really helps.

On the stock seat I could ride for about a half hour and I was done. With the stock seat and the walmart stearns/coleman cover I could go just a bit over an hour. With the new seat.....4 hours and no problems.

I don't think you need a high dollar custom seat, the seat concepts was a good semi custom option for me, you can go to any local shop and they can make your seat better.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I almost ordered one today. But im debating on the standard or gripper cover. Hmm. I will chime in whenever i get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Small's View Post
    I almost ordered one today. But im debating on the standard or gripper cover. Hmm. I will chime in whenever i get one.

Go with the gripper. I really like the seat foam, but hate the seat cover. It looks great but is very slick, and I slide forward every time I slow/stop. It fatigues the arm/shoulders and is a distraction/nuisance. I have just taken it to a local shop to have a gripper style cover made for it. I can not find any local shops to make any seat foam/cover changes for under $300.00. The seat concepts was a reasonable value.

Dusty

Got to see n2o2diver's seat this weekend and have to say in paired with his bigger black Clarke tank and black plastics, zero graphics, the Seat Concepts really finishes off the look of the bike. Easily wider and flatter and nicely contoured to match the overall lines of the bike. Still a bit expensive in my mind, but definitely a one and done solution for the butt-ocks! He has some nice pictures he could share with you.
    Huntsville, Alabama - Have TW, Will Ride! All White 09 TW, D2Moto Pegs, Bridgestone 302 front tire, 2" higher bars, 3/4" fork preload spacer, 5wt Honda fork oil, 135mm fork oil level, exhaust tip mod, 2.5 turns out fuel mixture, 0.060 in needle shims, 130 main jet, 14/47 sprockets, 20w-50 Valvoline MC full synthetic oil, ImmixRacing rear rack, Bilt Bag on Rack, 1" front fender spacers, Battery Tender connections on new battery (installed 12/11), Coleman ATV seat cushion, 2 Agri Supply tool tubes, 30oz MSR Fuel Bottle, auxiliary 6 LED tail light, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra H4 headlight bulb, 2357 turn signals, and Superbright's 1157 LED Motorcycle Tail Light Bulb with 19 red & 6 white LEDs. Shortened rear turn signals. Bypassed kickstand switch.

Plus a "new to me" 1995 Yamaha Virago XV 750G for Pavement Purposes!!

Seat Concepts Seat with gripper top/carbon sides

Bduff007 likes this.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

Is the standard slicker than the stock seat?

Is the standard slicker than the stock seat?
    Yes!. It would have been fine if it were like the stock seat cover. It is slicker than any other motorcycle/atv seat I have ever used. Go with the gripper unless you like to slide forward when you brake.

Technically the oem cover is a "gripper" seat. Most of the people that ordered during the group buy went with the gripper/carbon fiber seat and I think it looks great! The seat concepts seat is exactly what I needed. It is not much better than stock when riding 2-upoffroad but when solo riding, it makes the world of difference. If you do strictly street riding, I would go for a custom seat considering you will be sitting the whole time. But if you plan on doing any off-roading the seat concepts seat is the way to go. You can have them do softer foam if thats your thing.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links