• 1 Post By littletommy
  • 4 Post By jshaw0102
  • 2 Post By littletommy
  • 4 Post By jtomelliott49
  • 3 Post By GaryL
  • 3 Post By admiral

Thread: Rear rack from china

Rear rack from china

I'm wondering if anyone has tried one of the $69 racks being sold on ebay. Any good?

I like the Cycleracks, but I occasionally have a passenger, and I'm reading that it can be uncomfortable for the passenger with that rack.
    I also like the Moose / Turbo City racks, but it seems they are no longer being made.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

I just bought my TW last week and it came with a Cyclerack rear already installed. I kinda wish I had something lighter, maybe made from aluminum. The Cyclerack rear rack is pretty heavy.
    jtomelliott49 and littletommy like this.
    2017 TW200
    Krator Pegs, Rear Cycle Rack
    Jimbo Shield 650 Miles on it.

1962 Honda Cub 55

Welcome to the forum Big Jim!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim Swade View Post
    I just bought my TW last week and it came with a Cyclerack rear already installed. I kinda wish I had something lighter, maybe made from aluminum. The Cyclerack rear rack is pretty heavy.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I sure like the Cyclerack on my 2011 TW.
    My whole purpose for buying the bike was to make errands between my pastures more economical and I never had a second thought about throwing 50- 100
    Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Welcome to the forum Big Jim!!
    My whole purpose for buying the bike was to make errands between my pastures more economical. I never had a second thought about throwing 50-100 lbs on the rack, running up a country road and out through the pasture under all conditions. Cyclerack certainly held up better than my 1st intake valve!

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jshaw0102 View Post
    My whole purpose for buying the bike was to make errands between my pastures more economical and I never had a second thought about throwing 50- 100I sure like the Cyclerack on my 2011 TW.
    My whole purpose for buying the bike was to make errands between my pastures more economical. I never had a second thought about throwing 50-100 lbs on the rack, running up a country road and out through the pasture under all conditions. Cyclerack certainly held up better than my 1st intake valve!

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk
    jtomelliott49 and grewen like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I just removed a cyclerack from my '99 TW. Haven't decided whether to sell it or not. They are very stout, and the rear sub frame won't hold much weight without a well engineered rack. I don't haul much, so that's not an issue at this point. I don't think they weigh all that much, and our little mules can carry plenty, so I don't think that is an issue. I just didn't use it, so off it came. I bought a rack made by one of our members and haven't installed it yet, but it will be on one of my TW's. And my OEM rack will be on the other.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

I have always had a soft spot for a good rack, even on my bikes. Which one you buy depends pretty much upon what you want to carry as in how large and how heavy the load is. If you have the OEM stock rack just be careful because it is rated for around 15 pounds total and depends on the limited strength of the rear sub frame. The Cyclerack gets a much sturdier mount point from the rear foot pegs and can handle 100 pounds or more pretty easy. There are a few other factory made rack out here that might suit your needs as well and also a few members who have designed and made their own. I had one TW with the factory OEM rack and it would be fine for carrying a small gym bag or a gallon of extra fuel or milk and that's about it. I have had 6 TWs and all had the Cycleracks and I give them a big thumbs up. No experience with the others so I can't comment on any of them.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by imlost View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone has tried one of the $69 racks being sold on ebay. Any good?

I like the Cycleracks, but I occasionally have a passenger, and I'm reading that it can be uncomfortable for the passenger with that rack.
    I also like the Moose / Turbo City racks, but it seems they are no longer being made.

I recently bought a Moose Rack from a forum member. If it was used you can't tell and it looks brand new. Used it for the first time this past weekend. It replaced a "CycleRack" which broke at the mount which goes under the seat. This was the second time it broke below the repair weld in the same location. At least the welding job worked. I'm going to get the broken cyclerack rewelded again and keep it as a spare.

I don't have any useable pictures of the Moose Rack yet but I do kinda like that it's smaller. Time will tell how good it will be for my needs but I suspect it will be just fine.

You may still find one on ebay, craigslist, forum member etc.

www picture but mine's black

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Sponosred Links