• 8 Post By littletommy
  • 5 Post By Cubby
  • 4 Post By Howsbentley
  • 6 Post By Mattwings
  • 1 Post By Badgerflorida
  • 4 Post By jtomelliott49

Thread: Thank you

Thank you

Hey, I just wanted to say thanks to for this great forum. I recently became interested in these cool bikes. And as usual these days, when there's something I want to learn about I go right to Google and start searching. So when I stumbled onto this site I was very pleased and surprised. I knew I'd find TW200 info here and there, but I never expected to find a forum dedicated to one particular motorcycle. Especially a motorcycle that's not exactly on everyone's radar. I mean, how many people could there possibly be who are interested in a relatively low powered, low tech enduro?
    I've always had a thing for kind of obscure bikes. When I was a kid growing up in rural Mass, me and all of my friends road dirt bikes. There were kids who had normal stuff like Kawasaki and Honda motocross bikes, and then there were those of us who had Hodakas, and Rickmans, and Bultacos, etc. One of my buddies even had a Zundap, and my high school principal, who rode with us kids once in a while, had an old Rokon.
    I was riding a Honda TL250 at the time. And as far as I know I was the only kid in town with a trials bike.
    So when I became interested in the TW200 I thought it would be nearly impossible to find any information out there. Boy, was I wrong! Turns out there is a whole community of people who appreciate a really great, simple, and inexpensive enduro.
    So I just wanted to thank the folks who run this forum for giving us a place where people like me can learn all the stuff I need to know about my new love for my old hobby.

Don't know if you noticed, but we're also friendly, helpful, generous and go out of our way to help folks, especially new members as they get their initial questions answered. Not all forums are like this one. We're definitely the best TW forum out there!! You're going to love your bike!! Miles of Smiles...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedcoolname View Post
    Hey, I just wanted to say thanks to for this great forum. I recently became interested in these cool bikes. And as usual these days, when there's something I want to learn about I go right to Google and start searching. So when I stumbled onto this site I was very pleased and surprised. I knew I'd find TW200 info here and there, but I never expected to find a forum dedicated to one particular motorcycle. Especially a motorcycle that's not exactly on everyone's radar. I mean, how many people could there possibly be who are interested in a relatively low powered, low tech enduro?
    I've always had a thing for kind of obscure bikes. When I was a kid growing up in rural Mass, me and all of my friends road dirt bikes. There were kids who had normal stuff like Kawasaki and Honda motocross bikes, and then there were those of us who had Hodakas, and Rickmans, and Bultacos, etc. One of my buddies even had a Zundap, and my high school principal, who rode with us kids once in a while, had an old Rokon.
    I was riding a Honda TL250 at the time. And as far as I know I was the only kid in town with a trials bike.
    So when I became interested in the TW200 I thought it would be nearly impossible to find any information out there. Boy, was I wrong! Turns out there is a whole community of people who appreciate a really great, simple, and inexpensive enduro.
    So I just wanted to thank the folks who run this forum for giving us a place where people like me can learn all the stuff I need to know about my new love for my old hobby.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I thought the same thing when I bought my TW until I did a quick search and came up with this forum. Been very helpful so far.
    2016 TW200
    2016 Skidoo T3 154"
    2007 skidoo 800XRS 151" motor built by SHR
    2015 Polaris XP1000 Sportsman
    2013 Polaris XP850 sportsman
    2016 Polaris RZR 170

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedcoolname View Post
    I am a newer owner and can say any and all topics are covered in detail by these great folks. You probably don't need search help and this may not be the best way to search. But if I was looking for help on brake light I just google "TW forum: brake light" to find specific starting points for a search.

Welcome from west Tennessee!
    #GYG

'13 TW200

A.T.

One day my bike was down, would not start, could not figure it out. 10 minutes later, after posting details of my situation, suggestions pop up! I found the problem (main fuse) and was on my way. It is a great community.
    Fred, littletommy, GCRAD1 and 3 others like this.
    2002 TW200 "The Punisher"
    1998 DR350r
    1996 KDX 200
    Riding in and around the great state of Michigan (usually)

Yup. I have not found a more comprehensively helpful forum.
    littletommy likes this.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

As LittleTommy said, "you're going to love your TW"....well....not in those exact words, but that's the gist of it. I often have said "you'll love this forum" as much as you love your TW. Great folks here. Oh, and I was the one riding the Hodaka.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

Sponosred Links