• 3 Post By Tweaker
  • 5 Post By TopPredator
  • 3 Post By Peterb
  • 2 Post By imlost
  • 1 Post By Badgerflorida
  • 1 Post By littletommy

Thread: Best month to buy a TW

Best month to buy a TW

I enjoy and learn from your forum. It is one of the reasons I have decided to own a TW.

Other than "now", could you advise on a recommended month to get the best deal on a new or used one?

Welcome to the forum!!

Buy a used one in the fall, folks are more willing to wheel and deal before Thanksgiving and Christmas...they need the $$$ / Spring time is not so good, everyone wants top dollar because of the full riding season ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cascade Rider View Post
    I enjoy and learn from your forum. It is one of the reasons I have decided to own a TW.

Other than "now", could you advise on a recommended month to get the best deal on a new or used one?
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Welcome to the forum, Cascade Rider!

I cannot speak to what is the best month to buy a TW, but I can definitively say that any day that ends in "y" is a good day to buy a TW !

Good luck with your search,

Brian

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I always like to buy new cars on the last week of December. The dealers want to get inventory out and the cars turn 1 year older although new year models come out in the fall you'll get the best deal on last years models that are left over. The dealers may have flooring charges so it is a good time.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

The best time to buy a TW is when the dealer has one in stock. They don't last long here in Maryland.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

I find placing a "wanted" ad very effective and have made some great deals that way.

Before or after hunting season. A couple of the Tdubs I looked at were being sold by guys who decided they were struggling to be able to ride and look around at the same time.
    littletommy and Badgerflorida like this.
    TWy to make a TWip to the TWails to make some TWacks.

This is all good advice and a handful of things I never thought of. I agree fall and last week of Dec provide best odds of finding good deals. If you’re looking into the used market (Craigslist, EBay, etc), you increase your odds of finding a good deal if you check every day and jump quickly when a possible good deal pops up. I found my biggest challenge was passing on bikes that needed more time and money than the project was worth to me.

I just passed on this one yesterday. It is a good deal, but needs lots of time and money. Someone will get a good rideable bike at a decent price though.

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy...319503657.html
    littletommy likes this.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

My favorite color.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerflorida View Post
    This is all good advice and a handful of things I never thought of. I agree fall and last week of Dec provide best odds of finding good deals. If you’re looking into the used market (Craigslist, EBay, etc), you increase your odds of finding a good deal if you check every day and jump quickly when a possible good deal pops up. I found my biggest challenge was passing on bikes that needed more time and money than the project was worth to me.

I just passed on this one yesterday. It is a good deal, but needs lots of time and money. Someone will get a good rideable bike at a decent price though.

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy...319503657.html
    Badgerflorida likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Sponosred Links