TW's by year - a photo collection - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: TW's by year - a photo collection

Any and all comments are welcome on this thread Gary – we only needed to keep the first seven posts together to re-instate the pictures …..
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Any and all comments are welcome on this thread Gary – we only needed to keep the first seven posts together to re-instate the pictures …..
    Thanks Purple for doing this. It would be great to send out the call to all members who might have the old sales brochures from the various years if they even exist. Getting them all together and posted here would be a monumental task but well worth the effort to preserve this information. Possibly a new thread calling out to the membership, Who has sales brochures from any years for our TWs?

GaryL
    joeband and John_Quinn_ like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

spot on gary! having all the pics at the beginning now is very helpful. thanks again purple.

so many little variations were what prompted me to start the original thread. even swing arm flames to were very diagnostic, and much less likely to be swapped, so i had those details.
    purple, if i attempt to summarize the random order to the info i had previously, could you insert it into the first three postings? or would a table at the end be better?

example:
    YEAR Frame Color Tank Color Tank Graphics Seat Color and Lettering Front Fender Rear Fender Sidecovers Color Sidecovers Lettering Forkboots Rims Swing Arm Kickstarter Brake Electrical Nickname
    1994 Smurf blue Blue Yellow TW w/ red and orange flames Red with white Yamaha Blue Blue Blue over black Electric Yellow Silver Silver w/ rainbow flames Yes drum 35 W Rainbow Warrior
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The more info on each year the better, so if you have anything to “add” to the existing comments year by year – send me an email and I’ll get to it - no need to "table" the observations, just keep it simple

As Gary has pointed out already, there’s a colour difference in the “TW” tank logos sometimes – I did start out trying to follow your original comments, but switching between the pics folder, the word doc, and the new thread and the old thread – well, my brain fell out

Send me the email and I’ll put the additional identifiers into the relevant post (Gary, if you have anything to add to this your welcome to chime in. I’ve sent you my email in a PM) ……
    John_Quinn_ likes this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Hope someone will put out a call to all members who might have the original sales brochures from the various years. I have never even seen a TW sales brochure but I do suspect Yamaha must have published them.

One of my other interests is in Vintage Altec Lansing audio speakers that I refurbish and re sell. There are a couple sites where I can find just about any info on any Altec speaker that was ever made and those sales brochures are an invaluable source of info.

BTW, LT should certainly have the brochure for the 1987 year model but it would likely be Bogus like most of his other 1987 claims!

GaryL
    Last edited by GaryL; 10-02-2017 at 08:39 AM.
    joeband, Purple and littletommy like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Could it be notated in the pictures about the other changes that were made in the 2001 model year such as kick starter going away and the change to a cv carburator as well. Seems to come up time and time again. it would make a good reference and I think newcomers as i did comb this list pretty well early on. Just a thought. Thanks for this effort.
    2016, stock'ish and a 2003 Starting on a 225 or bigger 6 speed build as a spare for now and install later when done and ready on this bike.

Awesome Post.

Diggin' those green Japanese TW's.

The US 2005 looks Classy. And the US '88 Black Widow is always a favorite of mine. Would look really nice with the later black wheels.

I still love my 2017 though.
    2017 TW200 "Lagann"
    Cycle Racks Rack, Clarke XT350 4 gal tank, Rox 2" bar risers, 12v power port, Ram GPS mount, Coleman seat cover, Wolfman tank bag, HF "Pelican" style case attached to rack, LED headlight bulb, LED spot lights on the forks wired to the high beams, lots of mud caked on.
    Future mods: Ricochet skidplate, ATV tire for snow next winter, maybe a ManRacks front rack over the headlight.

Thank you for all these,
    as the owner of a couple TW's I appreciate seeing all the variants.
    Yamaha Trailway's are the motorcycles equivalent to the Boeing B-52 Stratofortess.
    It's not the fastest, the best handling or the prettiest, however as you've shown us for 32 years they needed very few changes.
    My 1987 TW is as much fun to ride as my new dirt bikes plus I return home with less bumps, bruises and breaks. Slower is safer!

Thanks for posting. Honestly the 18 is about my favorite, otherwise it would have to go to 96/97.
    Purple, Petro24, molson42 and 1 others like this.
    2018 TW200

Safety sticker removal mod
    Carb re-jet: 130 main, 34 pilot
    DG v2 exhaust, 1.25" insert

1972 CT2 175 - The OG TW

Quote Originally Posted by redriderjf87 View Post
    Thanks for posting. Honestly the 18 is about my favorite, otherwise it would have to go to 96/97.
    It's really funny you say that. I almost bought a clean 1996 I found on Craig's List but then saw the 2018 over at Bert's Mega Mall. I had to have it!
    Mel, redriderjf87 and Darth like this.
    2018 TW200
    2016 Victory Gunner
    Hidden Content
    Amsoil Dealer of Montclair, CA
    Save up to 25% with a Preferred Customer membership!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links