TW's by year - a photo collection - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: TW's by year - a photo collection

Yeppers, the 2018 is my favorite for sure.
    And the one I'd get if I didn't want to customize/modify/farkle it!

Quote Originally Posted by molson42 View Post
    It's really funny you say that. I almost bought a clean 1996 I found on Craig's List but then saw the 2018 over at Bert's Mega Mall. I had to have it!
    Tweaker likes this.
    “It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

Humans: simultaneously capable of such genius and such douchebaggery!

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

Agreed. I appreciate all of the TWs, but the 2018 looks so damn good I couldn't resist.

... though I will say the Japanese domestic market ones are super cool. There are a few in that list that I think I like even more... and I've never even heard about the TW225!

There is another color for 2009. Mine is mostly white with blue and black graphics and a black seat. My exhaust guards have been painted however so it's not an accurate representation.

EDIT: Found a good stock image on Total Motorcycle.
    Last edited by GreatWhiteHunter; 05-19-2019 at 06:40 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '09 Yamaha TW200 - aka TrailWork200
    '14 Yamaha Super Tenere 1200
    '14 KTM 1190 Adventure
    '15 KTM 350 XC-F
    '10 KTM 530 XC-W Sixdays
    '18 Ski-Doo Freeride 137 (mine)
    '10 Ski-Doo MXZ-XRS 600 (the wife's)

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Can you be 100% sure your front fender was not swapped? Nice touch on the exhaust guards but otherwise the bikes look the same from here.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    Can you be 100% sure your front fender was not swapped? Nice touch on the exhaust guards but otherwise the bikes look the same from here.

GaryL
    Mine was, the stock photo is correct. Thanks for the reminder, I forgot about that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '09 Yamaha TW200 - aka TrailWork200
    '14 Yamaha Super Tenere 1200
    '14 KTM 1190 Adventure
    '15 KTM 350 XC-F
    '10 KTM 530 XC-W Sixdays
    '18 Ski-Doo Freeride 137 (mine)
    '10 Ski-Doo MXZ-XRS 600 (the wife's)

BWX
    Not sure what's going on with the 2009 photo but it is not red, definitely BLUE. Bt I find some with black fenders and some with white fenders. Maybe some came out of factory with white fenders? OP list is wrong either way.

Also I think maybe the 2011 and 2010 are not exactly the same.

I have a 2011 and the red is like a candy red with a black star pattern in it that shimmers in the sun.
    Not sure but I think 2010 is just a flat red color, at least that's what it looks like in the stock pics (attached).
    Attached Images Attached Images

This has been a common theme throughout the TW's rein of terror. Plastics, tanks, seats, fenders, wheels and side covers can be mixed and matched over all 32 years. Some year models had 2 color schemes while others only one. I do agree that whenever a model year picture is posted it should be as close to accurate as we can get. I don't doubt that it is highly possible Yamaha might have done some "Switcharoo" in a few model years with fender colors and even black Vs silver wheels but I don't think any of us can be 100% certain of such shenanigans.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

BWX
    Wait a second..

Looks like the 2009 and 2012-13 are the same except the 2009 has a black fender, 12-13 has white fender. Could that be? Why would they do that?

Maybe some people listing their 2012 or 13 as a 2009 because they don't notice the difference in fender color? I dunno. It's strange.

Maybe it has something to do with the disasters in Japan in 2011?

Maybe they went back to old new stock part from 2009 to then create the 2012-13 because some factory was destroyed in Japan after the Earthquake, Tsunami, Floods, and Nuclear disasters as Fukushima?

I seem to recall something about motorcycle factories getting destroyed but can't remember if it affected Yamaha or what the outcome was.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BWX View Post
    Wait a second..

Looks like the 2009 and 2012-13 are the same except the 2009 has a black fender, 12-13 has white fender. Could that be? Why would they do that?

Maybe some people listing their 2012 or 13 as a 2009 because they don't notice the difference in fender color? I dunno. It's strange.

Maybe it has something to do with the disasters in Japan in 2011?

Maybe they went back to old new stock part from 2009 to then create the 2012-13 because some factory was destroyed in Japan after the Earthquake, Tsunami, Floods, and Nuclear disasters as Fukushima?

I seem to recall something about motorcycle factories getting destroyed but can't remember if it affected Yamaha or what the outcome was.
    After 33 years of production of the same basic model there are just so many combinations of the white colors they can do. Mostly just in the graphics but they also do frame and engine color swaps and then mix and match fenders and even go back and forth between black and silver wheels. It is becoming increasingly harder to ID a year model simply by colors since almost all the parts are interchangeable throughout the full 33 years. Natural disasters could play some part and also over runs in parts left over from previous model years could cause some differences. I collect and restore vintage Altec Lansing audio speakers and often find the same model of a particular speaker cabinet does not contain the same guts and components as previous years.

GaryL

If you look at the 2009 TW posted on page one, the tank graphics are grey – while the 12/13 graphics are blue

No idea what happened to “your” bike, could be a lot of things, but all this thread aims to do is designate year and colour according to Yamaha …..
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponosred Links