TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

40,000 miles old today

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  skase98 
#1 ·
Vehicle Transport Car Technology Auto part
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive tire

I love this bike! Happy birthday, QuasiMoto!

See less See more
#6 ·
Since I've had Q, his engine has never been apart. He has a new carburetor as of last year and new clutch plates but everything else is just regular maintenance stuff like filters, tires, blah blah blah. I have suddenly started hearing a little 'ting' sound every so often when he's running. It's erratic and it's worrying me but I am gathering my courage for whatever he's going to need.

That's a Seat Concepts foam and cover on his back. He had the stock seat when I got him. I bought the cover and foam but waited way too long to replace it. I just loved the stock look with the silver and black cover. Then I realized what an idiot I was after a few hours on the new covered seat :D

Jimbo shield, Cycleracks rack, Lizrdbrth cooler... just a little pampering. ProTaper bars and VERY well-used Tusk handguards. I have some trouble with staying upright sometimes. A lot. Often.

We're both showing a little wear and tear. I figure if I can do it, Q can, too. He runs on heart. I'm pretty sure of it. Did I mention I love this bike? I do!

#7 · (Edited)
When I got him, I got advice to change his oil every 500 miles. I've pretty much stuck to that although I extended it when I tried synthetic oil for a while. I've gone back to good old Rotella and that's pretty much what I've done. He was my birthday present to myself in 2011 with about 12,000 miles on him. I've whipped him down highways, through mud, trees, sand (ok - I was the one that got whipped there), rocks, water crossings, usually fully loaded with camping gear. He's a willing partner in my madness :)

I haven't ridden in about a year so we're both a little rusty but I figure we'll get through it. Those tires aren't go to wear themselves out, after all!

#9 ·
You have a well set up TW there. I can't help but think having a oil cooler only helped the longevity of the motor along with your good maintenance.
At some point I may do a cam chain ,adjust the valves and ride on.
Im surprised people think the TW seat is uncomfortable. Of all the bikes I've owned I seem to get along with the TW seat just fine.

I like the silver TWs the best
How far is a typical ride for you? 40,000 is a good amount of seat time

#10 ·
The oil cooler is a work of art and heart. It has made summer far more bearable for the little dude. I usually ride 30-40 miles just around. Trips have been typically 150-300 miles each way. I don't think of miles often, mostly hours. When you run Mach Q, time slows down. And so does anyone riding with me ?

------------------------------------------
Send a wire to the main office and tell them I said "Ow!" Got it!

#14 ·
Thanks, everyone! I have loved every mile, every tumble, and every scary bit. This bike has taken good care of me!

------------------------------------------
Send a wire to the main office and tell them I said "Ow!" Got it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.