Slime air compressor
Close

Took a ride to Land Between the Lakes today. Ran across some folks with a flat tire on a KTM and a broken tire pump. Whipped out the Slime compressor and let her rip. At about 24psi, the compressor came to a SCREECHING stop. Terminal inner destruction. Don't bet your life on a $10 pump. Carry multiple means of inflating.

Mine usually stops at the maximum tire psi. Good advice. I keep mine in the trunk of the car. It is the $20 one with the light on it. It is a great tool to have.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

I think I've posted these pics before but if I did I can't locate the thread.

I might air up and down four or five times in the course of a day. I've been using nothing but a 10 dollar Slime pump for years, but after burning up a few I've learned the secret of keeping them alive lies in keeping them cool and the cylinder lubricated. I've had pretty good luck with a few drops of Slick50 every few months.

If you take the housing apart and study the air path you'll find the vents are too small and in the wrong places. The internals actually run. cooler in the modified housing than when removed from it as some people do to reduce their bulk. Prolly good advice to carry backup, but FWIW I haven't had a failure since I modified the housing as long as I keep an eye out for overheating and keep some sort of lube in the top end and crank arm. Not real pretty, but it works:

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    I think I've posted these pics before but if I did I can't locate the thread.

I might air up and down four or five times in the course of a day. I've been using nothing but a 10 dollar Slime pump for years, but after burning up a few I've learned the secret of keeping them alive lies in keeping them cool and the cylinder lubricated. I've had pretty good luck with a few drops of Slick50 every few months.

If you take the housing apart and study the air path you'll find the vents are too small and in the wrong places. The internals actually run. cooler in the modified housing than when removed from it as some people do to reduce their bulk. Prolly good advice to carry backup, but FWIW I haven't had a failure since I modified the housing as long as I keep an eye out for overheating and keep some sort of lube in the top end and crank arm. Not real pretty, but it works:

Nice post , Thanks for the idea. Usually when I read a post here , it cost me money as I buy an upgrade of something. Not this time BUT... How do you like the BIGHORN 2 ??? Does it work OK on pavement ? What size are you running ? thanks ~Eric

Sponosred Links